
Someday, somehow I *will* learn to hyperlink without an extra bzillion steps to remember how... but what I really want to tell you about is possibly the only GOTTA HAVE IT curriculum in my house.
Since I am a queen of cut/paste, here's a blurb from the website to tell you in 'official' words about this wondrous blessing that I am so thankful for - every day!
The exploration of history, then, should reveal God and His truth, not glorify the achievements of mankind. Indeed, the kings, artists, philosophers, writers, and scientists cannot even be understood until seen for who they are – people motivated by basic beliefs about God, whether true or untrue. The consequences of beliefs are displayed in history...and teach us all. Let us, then, not be found teaching humanistic history. Let us learn of civilization in a way that reveals the God whose name is Truth. Your children will realize the only source of freedom is God's laws, and the only source of human worth is God's love for us. Once common knowledge, our society now thinks the opposite...and suffers for it.
And here, of course, I was tryyyyyyyying to put in an image of the lovely TQ guide. But my understanding of Html is just plain pathetic. BUT what is that in the scheme of things eternal?! NoT MucH. {even if I did figure it out ...again... before I finished the post? God is so good to me!}

Instead let me explain that we are in our sixth year with TruthQuest History guides, which were written by Michelle Miller. We are headed into modern history - pretty much plunging into the early 1900s. The Age of Revolution guides cover history for America and Europe and are written for students in grades 5-12. SOoo, if you stop and consider the issues of the last 100+ years, this can be pretty heavy stuff beyond Little House on the Prairie. And since I did NOT learn this in my own childhood education (didn't take ONE history course in four years of college, thank you), I am having quite the time myself with trying to take in all this from a CHRIST-centered point of view. But I am loving it. And I am so very thankful that God used Michelle Miller to bless so many families with these thought-provoking guides!
I am so thankful that my children are better prepared already to wade into this world and hopeful that they will be able to influence and bless others with their biblical worldview, thanks in part to our study of HIS-story with TruthQuest.
Here's one more quote from the actual AOR3 guide:

Instead let me explain that we are in our sixth year with TruthQuest History guides, which were written by Michelle Miller. We are headed into modern history - pretty much plunging into the early 1900s. The Age of Revolution guides cover history for America and Europe and are written for students in grades 5-12. SOoo, if you stop and consider the issues of the last 100+ years, this can be pretty heavy stuff beyond Little House on the Prairie. And since I did NOT learn this in my own childhood education (didn't take ONE history course in four years of college, thank you), I am having quite the time myself with trying to take in all this from a CHRIST-centered point of view. But I am loving it. And I am so very thankful that God used Michelle Miller to bless so many families with these thought-provoking guides!
I am so thankful that my children are better prepared already to wade into this world and hopeful that they will be able to influence and bless others with their biblical worldview, thanks in part to our study of HIS-story with TruthQuest.
Here's one more quote from the actual AOR3 guide:
The quest for truth is the issue of history."In the beginning” God expressed Himself, and He is Truth. He especially showed the truth that we’re created by Him for relationship with Him. The rest of history, starting with Adam and Eve’s desire to know the secret ‘truth’ which the serpent hinted God was keeping from them, is all about mankind’s search for truth. However, mankind usually rejects God’s expression of truth and tries to make his own. Since God is truth, every time mankind declares his own truth he is trying to be God! This is the heartbeat of history. God towers at the center of all life. Picture a teeny ant scurrying around Washington Monument, emphatically denying the monument’s existence. Ah, the silliness of humanism.
I am going to have to look into this . . . at what age level does it start? Oh, for the HTML . .. for links you don't need to know the html--only the web address. So highlight your text in blogger and then click on the little sign that looks like a chain link. Paste the address in there and voila!
ReplyDeleteChrist-centered, Christ-focused cirriculum is such a blessing!!!! I'm glad my kids are in a Christian school that uses textbooks that give them HIStory (His - story) so they can see God's Hand in all events of time!
ReplyDeleteI own all the guides but have focused on the older student ones. There ARE guides written for young students (gr.1-5) that cover American history only. This is our first round through chronological history, so I was aiming to give my olders a 'complete' as possible trip (youngers have sort of just been 'along for the ride' but they have learned LOTS too!)
ReplyDeleteNext year we will start over with Creation/OT/Ancients... TQ begins with Ancient Egypt (short study) & A. Greece, so I do my own thing for pre-Egypt.
Can you guess that I also *love* to promote TQ?! =)