
I read these verses yesterday morning. I wish I had rehearsed them again last night. I was too overwhelmed by a crisis that I have no control over (the usual sort?)... thus my late, brief effort at thankfulness last night. I am truly thankful for many other things, people, but cannot express it all in a way that makes sense to those I cannot share the reasons why...
But I love how the difficulty of life in Babylon is answered in the very next Psalm.
How shall we sing the LORD's song in a strange land?
(Psalm 137:4)
(Psalm 137:4)
I will praise thee with my whole heart:
before the gods will I sing praise unto thee.
I will worship toward thy holy temple,
and praise thy name
for thy lovingkindness and for thy truth:
for thou hast magnified thy word
before the gods will I sing praise unto thee.
I will worship toward thy holy temple,
and praise thy name
for thy lovingkindness and for thy truth:
for thou hast magnified thy word
above all thy name.
(Psalm 138:1-2)

In the day when I cried
thou answeredst me, and strengthenedst me
with strength in my soul...
The LORD will perfect that which concerneth me:
thy mercy, O LORD, endureth for ever:
forsake not the works of thine hands.
(Psalm 138:3, 8)
I am thankful for friends who share the desire for God to be glorified in our lives.
I am so thankful for my very own Mr. Right, who is such a picture of God's grace in my life. I am thankful for the missions preaching conference 16 years ago this month, where God got a good grip on his heart and has never let him go. That's what makes him the best husband and father and friend.
(Psalm 138:1-2)
In the day when I cried
thou answeredst me, and strengthenedst me
with strength in my soul...
The LORD will perfect that which concerneth me:
thy mercy, O LORD, endureth for ever:
forsake not the works of thine hands.
(Psalm 138:3, 8)
I am thankful for friends who share the desire for God to be glorified in our lives.
I am so thankful for my very own Mr. Right, who is such a picture of God's grace in my life. I am thankful for the missions preaching conference 16 years ago this month, where God got a good grip on his heart and has never let him go. That's what makes him the best husband and father and friend.
That was beautiful and encouraging. Thanks so much. I'll be praying for you!
ReplyDeleteJodi
I agree with Jodi - very encouraging verses & always good to hear a testimony of God's goodness in good & bad situations. And praise the Lord for husbands who also want to serve God with their whole hearts! :) Very much to be thankful for!
ReplyDelete