
With fellowshipping after church and facebooking and switching laundry and i-net searches and tucking kids into bed and blog-reading catch-up... it is now L.A.T.E.
But I have much to be thankful for, so I will try to share something tonight!
I am thankful for our guest speaker today at church -- we are in the beginnings of a building program, and the speaker is a missionary builder. In Sunday school he shared from Philippians 4 after asking us if God rewards those who are faithful, asking for verses to back our answers, and examples of lives God has rewarded. Good stuff. And when the guy gets teary-eyed, how can I not?? (telling about leading a couple of 65yo men to Christ at a building project...) For his sermon in the worship service he looked at the life of Daniel: Daniel purposed to not defile himself; he proved that God is real; he prayed for wisdom; he praised God for answered prayer; he prospered spiritually (and otherwise). Tonight it was more of an explanation of their ministry with the theme verse from Nehemiah. {Let us rise up and build!}
I am thankful my parents could come to church with us this morning (with the purpose of hearing Miss MusicBox play the offeratory, which was beautiful.) And then they came to our house for lunch with us (YAY! for a main dish from the freezer accompanied by leftover sweet potatoes, rolls, and corn from Thursday!) Our girls went home with them to help decorate a Christmas tree - thank you, Lord, for good times with the grandparents!
I am thankful for the opportunity to help honor some good friends as they celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary next month! Now that the holiday weekend is over, I need to get some invitations ready and in the mail. This would require names and addresses. Hmmm. Their son gave me the name of a couple in Nebraska but didn't know which town... So I plugged in the info I had into MSN white pages... Would you believe there is only ONE person listed in the entire state by that name?! Thank you, Lord! It would be really sweet if they can come, but I'll be glad to just let them know about it. {{Did I mention this is a *surprise* party?!}} Fun, fun, fun!
Look at these beautiful napkins and plates I found at Hobby Lobby on Friday!
A friend made this real wreath for us =)
(sorry, didn't get the photo turned before I uploaded)
Flannel photos will have to wait... Good Night!
Great purse ... your mom did a great job!
ReplyDeleteAnd I am excited for your church's building project. Our church just finished one this summer - and it was wonderful to watch the Lord bless! We have been praying & planning for several years - and it is awesome to see the completed work. Thanks for sharing what your guest speaker said.
PS YES, last day of work is Monday :) !!!!