Captured by Sarah Photography ~ August 29, 2012

Saturday, November 14, 2009

sabbath rest

Photobucket


I am thankful it is Saturday night. Tim thought they would finish 'early' tonight ~ before 8pm? I am thankful that his alarm won't be going off tomorrow morning at 5:15am. I have enjoyed our early morning conversations this week, but I am so ready to sleep past 6 again!

I accomplished some kitchen work today... lots of those free pears made into yummy pear bread. I assigned some able-bodied assistants to chop up 6# of Jonathan apples for future applesauce (thinking Thanksgiving dinner prep here!) - we put them in ziplocs and freeze ... then we have easy sauce to enjoy. And their price was a blessing as well - the grocery store had them $1.13/3# bag yesterday (Fri the 13th sale :p) - and they're nice! =) They also had store brand turkeys for $.40/pound -- so you could say I have 'dinner in the freezer'... ha. I need to decide when I'm going to cook one for Thanksgiving dinner - something else to do ahead so we can all enjoy the Day a bit better!

Tomorrow's dinner is also underway - roast in the crockpot tonight, so it will be perfectly tender in another 18 hours. Veggies chopped for a quick saute. Sunday afternoons are too short for us, so the quicker dinner is on the table, the more likely my Hero can have a much-needed nap.

And tonight's easy supper is ready -- with a late dessert planned/prepared by Miss MusicBox to hopefully enjoy with her dad!

Good night, y'all! and enjoy your Sunday worshiping the King of Kings!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you're all prepared for lots of good eating :)
    Blessed Sunday to you as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds yummy! aren't crockpots the best?!!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from y'all!