
Fear thou not; for I am with thee:
be not dismayed; for I am thy God:
I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee;
yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.
be not dismayed; for I am thy God:
I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee;
yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.
Isaiah 41:10
Today I am thankful...
- for my younger kids who helped me plow through a LOT of the clutter in the basement, so that we can clean and prepare for 19 of us to eat dinner down there on Thursday (Yes, dinner is at our house now. But it's really okay as long as we make make enough room for tables to seat everyone. And I'm feeling better about that after today's work. Yay!)
- for the familiar favorite verse we read in Isaiah this morning (see above ;-))
- that Mrs. S. had a full six dozen eggs for us today. I guess I should put her chickens on my prayer list, eh?
- that these full-of-butter treats should be gone in another hour (recipe will be forthcoming!)
- that it's not raining ... yet. Please let it wait until My Hero has the cattle loaded from the pasture so that they can to go to market tomorrow night! or even until our Thursday celebration is over? We have a tradition of hikes in the woods and a 'turkey-shoot' (Sgt. York is a favorite movie... we just use a target since there aren't usually any wild turkeys in our yard). Or really, my request would be for fair weather thru December 15 for our house builder to get a roof on... and then I'd like clear highways to travel to Grandma's... but a nice blanket of snow in the yard, of course. One day at a time, you say?
- that my husband cares when I stay up too late... so I'll not repeat last night's indulgence of reading a 40+ post series on a 'famous' blog :o
- that Thanksgiving is such a blessed holiday... and that Christmas is just around the corner!
Good night, All!
With one last photo just for Conny! ;-)
You make me smile and your life makes me want to come visit you! Herding the cattle, praying for chickens . . . though we do that for the girls that lay our eggs . . . and well, the cows have been a bit low on milk the past few weeks with the weather change. And please do post your recipe!
ReplyDeleteAwwwwwwwww, I feel so special, Melanie! A picture of GORGEOUS oranges just for ME!! Sadly, I think I ate the last orange we had today :(
ReplyDeletePS We love the movie Sgt York too :) We've even visited/toured his real home in Tennessee!! :)
I can't wait for that recipe! It looks delicious!
ReplyDeleteTime easily gets away from me too when I find a good blog to read!