Captured by Sarah Photography ~ August 29, 2012

Thursday, November 12, 2009

links anyone?

No, I don't golf. Sorry. I'm referring to hyper-links of course =) I was given a little helpful instruction, so let's try it...

T-Tapp - Here's "The Wellness Workout that Works!" The fact that I do not LOOK like Teresa Tapp should not hinder anyone from doing this to just FEEL better!

Kali - Here's a favorite 6yo who's amazing in her cheerful battle with a Dezmoid tumor on her jaw for the past three years. Her family is amazing in their faith and passion for ministering to others.

Laura - Here is one of my fave blogs at Heavenly Homemakers ~ she hosts a weekly "Gratituesday" theme along with plenty of hilarious stories (Be sure to read today's post for a good laugh!)

Ha. So cool and so easy. Thank you to my new bloggy friend Jodi!



Photobucket


Today's post is going to sit here until I can think of all the things I keep forgetting to list! That's why I am beginning after lunch instead of after supper ;-)

In addition to T-Tapp, Kali, Laura, and Jodi, I have been thankful for...
  • hearing the grain-hauling semi-trucks driving by regularly the last couple days - that means progress in the corn harvest
  • hearing the various neighbors' distinctive mufflers roar past ~8am every morning on their way to the local gov't-run school, while my kiddos might still be in their jammies :o (Should I admit that here?!) I am thankful we are able to stay home and learn lots together!
  • ugh, the toilet that overflowed the other day :p so I had to wash the floor myself for once in a too-long time of leaving it to my 9yo's responsibility
  • my DD's talent for drawing, even though it often gets in the way of solving algebra problems
  • my 13yo's willingness to be the official light bulb changer for this house
  • my 7yo's ability to still sit in my lap for giving the best hugs ever
  • it's Thursday afternoon so our schoolweek is almost over! YaY!
  • safety last night driving to church ~ the deer stayed in the ditch ~Thank you, Lord!
  • the "silence" button on my cell phone when I get a 'junk' call
  • free pears from my beloved 'egg lady' ~ I should cut some up for the kiddos' snack right now!
  • the new basement floor which was poured yesterday
  • Pastor's devo on Jacob last night. He's decided to begin a series on 'Encouragment for God's People when Discouraged ~ God Gives a Glimpse of the Unseen,' or something like that. Jacob - a lover of tents - is in the middle of dangerous nowhere on his 500-mile walk to Haran, fleeing his twin brother who wants to kill him, with a rock for a pillow...(and we think our life is rough)... God gives him a glimpse of Himself and His angels who obey His bidding... Gen. 28:10-22
  • These delightful, familiar verses I read yesterday:
O LORD, thou art my God; I will exalt thee, I will praise thy name; for thou has done wonderful things; thy counsels of old are faithfulness and truth. (Isaiah 25:1)

Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee. Trust ye in the LORD for ever: for in the LORD JEHOVAH is everlasting strength. (Isaiah 26:3-4)

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing those great verses! And your DD is a talented artist! That is a cute picture of the snowman!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that the verses are wonderful - Is 26:3-4 reminds me of a Psalm I love too: Great peace have they who love thy law - and nothing shall offend them (my paraphrase).
    The pic of the snowman is EXCELLENT - I can't blame your dd for wanting to draw instead of doing math ;)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from y'all!