Captured by Sarah Photography ~ August 29, 2012

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

this is your wisdom... teach them thy sons

Photobucket


Today I am thankful to our Great God...
  • for Miss Music Box who is ..still.. playing the piano tonight. I think she's taking advantage of the minimal school assignments I gave this week to spend time with one of her favorite things... and we get to listen =) [Right now it's Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring... ahhhh]
  • for safety for My Hero as he hauled cattle to market... in the pouring down rain! It wasn't a home again jigity-jig sort of trip, but he made it. Also thankful he had half of the market-ready boys already out of the pasture so they could go. The rest will have to wait for next week. Sounds like it's going to get c.o.l.d. this weekend, so the ground might be more frozen if not dry. It's all good.
  • for strength and help to make progress in the Dinner and House Prep for Thursday =) We did a lot of actual cleaning in the basement today (you could say it gets this level of cleaning only once a year... so it's good when we host Thanksgiving dinner ;-))
Here's the big pot of sweet potatoes ready to cook...

...then a sweet daughter prepared them for a casserole that looks something like this...
only better because she puts more topping on!


Yum. I wanted to eat them n.o.w. before she put the sugar, etc. on top!

We - and I do mean WE - made the rolls too!


Another sweet daughter chose to scrub the kitchen sink!
I smile when I see it now =)

And I will positively g.r.i.n. when I do laundry next...
for I requested yet another servant to scrub the shelves in the laundry room -- she changed her bucket of soapy water for each shelf -- yuck, should I be publishing that?!


  • for the FIRST arrival of Christmas greetings from good friends in the form of their annual Thanksgiving Letter. Sweet!
  • for good discussion between my DH and kiddos at bedtime devotions. It is good to have him home again in the evenings!

Behold, I [Moses] have taught you statutes and judgments, even as the LORD my God commanded me, that ye should do so in the land whither ye go to possess it. Keep therefore and do them; for this is your wisdom and your understanding in the sight of the nations, which shall hear all these statutes, and say, Surely this great nation is a wise and understanding people. For what nation is there so great, who hath God so nigh unto them, as the LORD our God is in all things that we call upon him for? And what nation is there so great, that hath statutes and judgments so righteous as all this law, which I set before you this day? Only take heed to thyself, and keep thy soul diligently, lest thou forget the things which thine eyes have seen, and lest they depart from thy heart all the days of thy life: but teach them thy sons, and thy sons' sons...
(Deuteronomy 4:5-9)

1 comment:

  1. There is nothing more endearing that listening in on father & children at devotion time!! Praise the Lord for spiritual leaders of our homes :)
    Glad yours had a successful cattle-transport - and you all are ready for the holiday! My house is ready too :) I had to do some bucket-water changing as well in some areas (it happens! and it's ok!). :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from y'all!