Pardon for sin and a peace that endureth,
Thy own dear presence to cheer and to guide;
Strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow,
Blessings all mine, with ten thousand beside!
Great is Thy faithfulness! Great is Thy faithfulness!
Morning by morning new mercies I see;
All I have needed Thy hand hath provided--
Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord unto me!~ Thomas O. Chisholm

Some of these will sound like mixed blessings, but I am thankful today
- for our Pastor who is also our current Sunday school teacher - He is able to make our study of Hebrews very interesting and beneficial with the depth of his study
- for today's song leader who pointed out the third verse of "Great is Thy Faithfulness" - which is why I copied it above - and ultimately for the Truth (our God) of this hymn!
- that I used the basement oven for breakfast this morning... and discovered the puddle of turkey grease in it before we left for church with the oven on time bake with some of our lunch. Follow that one?!
- that I didn't have to wash my hair this morning... so I had time to clean that oven! (we won't talk about whether my hair needed a wash after soaking in the greasy fumes the oven was pouring forth when I turned it on the first time...) ahem, I made sure to put some perfume on ;-)
- for my brother-in-law and my dad who were both able to join us for lunch (dinner!) today
- for extra guests to help eat the-- um (can't think of the right adjective) -- very rich dessert that DD3 insisted on making on Friday. Another day I will post the recipe if any of you dare to request it. It's called Symphony Tier Bars, and they require ONE POUND of butter for a 9x13 dish of Oh-My-Yumminess. Three meals and we still have a meal's worth leftover.
Have a blessed week preparing for your Thanksgiving celebrations!
Bless the LORD, O my soul:
and all that is within me bless his holy name.
Psalm 103:1
Bless the LORD, O my soul:
and all that is within me bless his holy name.
Psalm 103:1
OH! One of my favorite hymns!!! I like to read hymns sometimes as well as sing them so I can really dwell on the words. What great doctrine & encouragement the old hymn writers give us!
ReplyDeleteSorry about the oven incident ... ick!! And that dessert sounds DANGEROUS!!!!!!! :)
Anything with a pound of butter in has got to be good!! (Can you tell I grew up on a dairy farm?:)) I would love the recipe if you ever decide to share it!
ReplyDeleteHmmm, I'd like that recipe, Melanie! :-) Sounds like something my sweetie would LOVE. :-)
ReplyDelete