Captured by Sarah Photography ~ August 29, 2012

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Veteran's Day

I am interrupting my week of supposed silence to share my SIL's email  ~ Cathy's been sending a daily email with her "Thought for the Day" -- Well, today's must be passed along!




God and the Soldier, we adore,
In time of danger, not before.
The danger passed and all things righted,
God is forgotten and the Soldier slighted.

Rudyard Kipling

If you enjoy your freedoms, be sure to thank a veteran today!

If you don’t know one, personally – 
send your thanks to Max H--------,
Active combat infantry Marine veteran of both the Iraq and Afghanistan wars.

Darn right his mama is proud of him and his service to our country!



image

 We are so thankful to God that Max returned home to us.  He was (is) a good soldier ~ very good at his job ~ but I believe the hand of God must have kept him safe.

1 comment:

  1. I agree!
    And I thank you for including the poem. I had not heard that one.
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from y'all!