FOR TODAY
Monday, November 15, 2010
Outside my window...
After a beautiful sunny day, it’s now quite dark ~ and probably close to freezing temps out there
I am thinking...
November is half-gone already!
I am thankful …
… that Tim could be home to work on siding on this beautiful day
… for our friends John & Tara who visited us this weekend
I am praying for...
... the Rettigs and the church in Prague
… the sale of my mother-in-law’s home
… my mom who is recovering from finger surgery (joint replacement)
… Amber’s new little one (Matthew) ~ as well as her dad
…Diane and family
…Chloe and her family ~ last report was that little Chloe was transferred to home hospice :-(
From the learning rooms...
- still tutoring in long division
- respiratory system
- Ancient Egypt … need to move on to Greece
- “classification” composition
- personal testimonies in speech class
From the kitchen...
Tonight ~ cheddar baked chicken – original recipe from AllRecipes.com :-)
Tomorrow ~ Sunday’s leftover beef roast, homegrown butternut squash
More menu options: broccoli-cheese soup, potato soup, beef stew, calzones, taco rice casserole.
I have two turkeys in the freezer now ~ One of them needs to go in the oven ASAP!
I am creating...
a late night last night working on lesson plans for the long-term (as in-- next May!)
I am going...
somewhere every day :o
- to the chiropractor today (done)
- to get a haircut tomorrow (yay!)
- Wednesday is church
- Thursday is violin/viola lesson
- Friday is piano lessons for the youngers and groceries
I am reading...
Ezekiel
As the appearance of the bow that is in the cloud in the day of rain, so was the appearance of the brightness round about. This was the appearance of the likeness of the glory of the LORD. And when I saw it, I fell upon my face, and I heard a voice of one that spake.
Ezekiel 1:28
I am hoping...
that Tim can finish with siding and other outside work in time for us to spend Thanksgiving with his mom
I am hearing...
a violin being tuned; hiccups
Around the house...
Load #4 of laundry is still in the dryer; previous loads are on my bed ~ Guess what I’m doing next?
One of my favorite things...
time alone with my hubby, even when it’s shopping at Lowe’s ;-)
Pondering these words...
Orders are due Wednesday, November 24th (buying club)
A few plans for the rest of the week:
‘nuf said
Here is a picture for thought...
I need to make pies for our Thanksgiving dinner with Iowa family ~ soon
~ Find more Daybooks at Peggy's ~
I haven't read anyone's blogs in forever! I'm sure you may have explained it somewhere and I'll search down in past entries, but who is this Chloe and is there a blog or something about her? I've heard tidbits about Chloe and it sounds like a very sad situation (though I don't know any details). My heart goes out to her family:o(
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed your daybook!
ReplyDeleteThank you for reminding me to pray for Amber's baby.
I love the picture of the peeling apples!
Leanne
OK, cheddar baked chiken sounds great! Heading to check out the recipe.
ReplyDeleteAmy @ Missional Mama
I've had trouble leaving you comments ... not sure if this one will even work :( but I loved the weddng pic of your parents!! 57 years is awesome!
ReplyDeleteAll the menu options sound great..I know you'd like to get the siding done before bad weather sets in...I hope you do get to spend Thanksgiving with your family...Apple Pies...Make the house smell good.
ReplyDeleteMama Bear