Captured by Sarah Photography ~ August 29, 2012

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

days of thanks ~ 11/16/2010

 

image

 

Thou hast turned for me my mourning into dancing: thou hast put off my sackcloth, and girded me with gladness;

To the end that my glory may sing praise to thee, and not be silent. O LORD my God, I will give thanks unto thee for ever.

Psalm 30:11-12

 

Today I will praise the Lord for

  • the gift of time and sunshine yesterday for Tim to work at home on the siding project
  • today’s gift of work in the fields that will reflect positively in a future paycheck (even though MY will is that he be home to work again this afternoon)
  • the enthusiasm inspired in my older girls by the sweet, encouraging, and very talented  Mrs. M. as she instructs both of them in violin/viola, at least for this month
  • the hidden stash of birthday cash that will treat me to an overdue haircut later today
  • the good harvest of butternut squash, several of which will make their way through the cooking process today  =)
  • the ability of the basement’s in-floor heat to adequately warm the upstairs, at least for now.  (It is currently 72 F in the living room while it is ~40 F outside on this cloudy day)

 

Rejoice in the LORD, ye righteous;

and give thanks at the remembrance of his holiness.

Psalm 97:12

 

Please join in our month of Thanksgiving to God

and link up with Conny at the Hutch Haus  :-)

7 comments:

  1. Have fun getting a hair cut-- what a treat that is! Your heated home and butternut squash both sound wonderful. :)

    Matt's test was yesterday and went well! No CF! :) I posted a little bit more info on my Daybook.

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful things to be thankful for.
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete
  3. rejoice! rejoice! :)

    I am getting my hair done on Monday - yeah!!!! I can't wait for my "therapy session".

    ReplyDelete
  4. What bountiful blessings our God has lavished on you! Hope your hair cut looks lovely and your squash turns out well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful list of things you are thankful for! Wishing you and your family a very Happy Thanksgiving! ~Karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Melanie~ I saw you over at the Lockwoods blog. Aren't they soo neat. Your blog name sounds familiar to me so maybe I've been here or you've come to visit me?

    Anyway I saw that you are in Iowa. So are we :-) We are down by Creston, in southwestern Iowa.

    Small world~ Cinnamon

    ReplyDelete
  7. So excited to hear the girls are loving strings lessons! :-)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from y'all!