Captured by Sarah Photography ~ August 29, 2012

Monday, November 22, 2010

daybook November 22, 2010

 

 

FOR TODAY  

Monday, November 22, 2010


Outside my window...

It is quite dark ~ and below freezing temps out there.  Last I was outside this afternoon, the wind was vicious!   It is also wet and muddy.  It was nice to see Christmas decor when I was in town ~ the tree is in the middle of the main street awaiting the tree-lighting ceremony Friday night.

 

I am thinking...

my crazy life is not consistent with the idea of “The Simple Woman’s Daybook”

 

I am thankful …

… that Tim is willing to spend Thanksgiving away from home, even though the siding project is not finished ~ He did finish with side #3 on Saturday!

… for good news on Amber’s new little one (Matthew)

… for God’s abundant Goodness, Grace, and Mercy ~ I should stop to be amazed more often

 

I am praying for...

... the Rettigs and the church in Prague 

… the sale of my mother-in-law’s home

… my mom who is recovering from finger surgery (joint replacement)  ~ and my dad as they are traveling home this week (and I’m wondering if the TSA folks will show them any or all due respect)

…  Amber’s dad

… Diane and family

… Chloe’s  family ~ that God will comfort them and draw them nearer to Himself (that they will avail themselves of His gracious love)

… Grant S., who is going through a rough patch again health-wise

… Tim’s nephew Matthew (and his sweet wife Jessica) as they finish their survey trip in Vanuatu and return to the US

 

From the learning rooms...

trying to check it all off before Wednesday!

 

From the kitchen...

busy times!  Today I made a very small batch of salsa, of all the things to do before Thanksgiving Day  :o   Sweet potatoes are cooked, dressed up with coconut and pecans, and resting in the freezer.  I made a quick batch of cranberry sauce ~ so easy and so much better than out of a can!  (see recipe on the back of a bag of fresh cranberries ~ sugar, water, and cranberries.  Easy-peasy.)  I cooked some bacon and boiled some eggs for ‘scalloped egg casserole’ for breakfast one of these days.  Tomorrow I need to make/put apple pies in the freezer for next Sunday, coat another batch of Coconut Almond Bon Bons (almond joy), bake bread and buns, stir up honey butter, package a few more gifts for Sunday…  Turkey soup is on the menu for supper Tuesday since I cooked my biggest turkey last week  :-)  And sometime I’ll make a pumpkin pie to take with us for Thursday.  And I should shop Amazon for a new hand mixer since the old one is choosing early retirement.  Combining honey and butter by hand will be an interesting workout tomorrow!

 

I am creating...

yummy gifts for my extended family (Sunday’s Thanksgiving/Christmas gathering)

 

I am going...

to bed soon!

 

I am reading...

Ezekiel 

Choosing Gratitude

The Stockman Grass Farmer  :-)

 

I am hoping...

for clear roads and weather for travel!

 

I am hearing...

nothing beyond the hum of the computer ~ even the violinist has gone to bed!

 

Around the house...

Well, I started my day by cleaning our bathroom after I T-Tapped.  (I am impressed even if you aren’t).  I did several loads of laundry and even removed it from our bed before Tim headed that way  ;-)  The busy beavers have been creating lots of school papers for me to check ~ I dealt with the easy objective ones today, soon I’ll have to face the compositions.

 

One of my favorite things...

buying lots of flannel on Black Friday

  P1010128

 

Pondering these words...

“All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.”

 

Our pastor quoted Dickens on Sunday ~ something to the effect that Americans ought to have 364 days of Thanksgiving and 1 day for complaining.

 

"You say, 'If I had a little more, I should be very satisfied.' You make a mistake. If you are not content with what you have, you would not be satisfied if it were doubled."
Charles Haddon Spurgeon

 

A few plans for the rest of the week:

choosing gratitude ~ and knowing to Whom I should be grateful

 

Here is a picture for thought...

P1010183

 

~ Find more Daybooks at Peggy's ~

3 comments:

  1. oooooooooo, who got ROSES!!?? :) <3
    And what is T-Tapped?? I have never T-Tapped that I know of ??!!

    I so nodded my head when I read what you wrote - my crazy life is so not what a "simple" woman's book should be ... aaaaahhhh!!!!!!
    Well, I won't write much more because you need to GET TO WORK!! ;) My mother-in-law is cooking this year, so I'm off the hook there. :) although I can't wait to cook at Christmas!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Dickens "quote". Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just catching up on blog reading. Thank you SO much for the prayers!! You are so thoughtful! I hope you had a great Thanksgiving!

    Do you have a project in mind for the flannel?

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from y'all!