Captured by Sarah Photography ~ August 29, 2012

Friday, April 30, 2010

Thurs-Friday update (for Miss Artist)

Miss Artist is away from home for a few weeks.  She requested more pictures of the new calves, but this was about as good as I could get on a drive-by shooting photo shoot while I was out and about to buy eggs.  There are 8 calves so far out there somewhere... Newest one belongs to the heifer Miss A named Piper.  So I thought the little guy's name should be Whistler - what do you think?


When Tim came home for supper yesterday, we had a brief conversation like this:
T: I'm gonna go fix the window.
M: What window?
T: The skylight.
M: What's wrong with the skylight?
T: It leaks!
M:  Oh, that.  :-)


So, when it stormed and rained buckets at 2:30 this morning, the skylight didn't leak!  Woot woot!  (Guess I could move the dishpan from the stairs back to the kitchen now?)

We went to Wal-mart this morning on the way to piano and picked up a nice Gerbera daisy for Mrs. D.  Then at Fareway I bought another smaller golden yellow Gerbera for myself us!  And a couple mystery flowers for Miss A to guess - they are deep red and the name stars with a "D."  I thought they would look good at the new house... eventually when we have a front yard.  Hmm, we're having pizza for supper tonight.  That means more wheat to grind for the crusts, and maybe I'll thaw the sausage for sausage/'shroom pizza?  Yum.  And now, a house disaster to clean and bath fans to deliver to my favorite house-builder named Tim...

Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Hi! Just caught up a little on reading! Yummm those cookies look deli-icious!!! And your signs of spring are oh-so pretty! Yeah for dishpans going back to the kitchen! Wink! Have a wonderful weekend ~ Blessings, EMichelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the names Whistler & Piper! They get my vote :)
    I was reading along & FAREWAY jumped out at me - I've been to a Fareway - in Western Iowa - and IN FACT, I have a Fareway re-usable bag that we take w/ us every time we go to Aldi's... Useless trivia for ya - but that's how my mind works!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Melanie ~ the science book Duke's in right now is Apologia Physical Science :) Last year he did Apologia General Science. Next year he will most likely be in Apologia Biology. I really like these books because they are from a Christian perspective ~ Praise! Blessings, EMichelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey mom!! Daddy fixed the sky-light!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cool beans!! I can't wait to see the flowers!!! :-D

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from y'all!