The Simple Woman's Daybook will be posted each Tuesday ~ here.
FOR TODAY
Monday, April 26, 2010
Outside my window...
it continues to rain. The grass really needs to be mowed!
I am thinking...
about the pictures I've just been looking at @ Vietnampix.com
the safe and happy homecoming of Matt from Iraq (husband to Tim's niece Neilia and father of three wonderful little ones). Happy, happy day to see them together again (via FB)!
I am praying for...
Miss Artist in New Mexico, nephews Jeremy & Andrew currently with Missionary Stensaas in Uganda, nephew Matthew serving in Ireland (and preparing for his upcoming marriage), Missionary Wanda Barnes who will have hip replacement surgery in Paris on Friday, little Sophia Hope W. who will begin chemo at St. Jude's this week I believe, and Kali B. who also has a round of chemo this week ~ getting close to the end of her year! Yay!
We are eager to wrap up our year! (Some will continue math through the summer when we're not painting the house, decluttering our s.t.u.f.f., or weeding our hopeful gardens, etc.)
Tonight hopefully the CG will grill the hamburger thawed for Saturday night (in spite of the drizzle)
a longer TO DO list, or at least it seems that way. Priorities: devos for J's shower, and decluttering so we can clean this house properly
to end my day earlier :-)
Captured! about John & Carolyn Miller and their youngest daughter, who spent 8 months in 1975 as prisoners of the Vietcong.
I am hoping...
the electrician will get started this week!
I am hearing...
the Computer Geek vocalizing much about his Algebra problems (including reading equations to the tune of "In the Hall of the Mountain King"), the youngers are playing together upstairs sometimes rather loudly
Miss Music Box was pounding the piano but now is discussing algebra with the CG while attempting to complete her own assignments (training the female ability to multi-task?); the youngers have moved from playing to reading books; finding and playing the YouTube video of Grieg's piece has led to our listening to 100 All Time Classical Favorites via Rhapsody... "William Tell," "Emperor Waltz," now "Light Cavalry,"... Must be Music Appreciation Hour at our house? The Popper has been helping me with laundry today ~ just started load #3
Swag Bucks! :-) Currently at 413, so it's almost time for another $5 at Amazon. I haven't looked yet to see if Amazon sells wall ovens. hmmm? Okay, maybe I'll be patient enough to save for a toaster oven to replace the unhealthy microwave.
A few plans for the rest of the week:
Just made an appointment for a haircut tomorrow. Still thinking on the massage idea. Last week for K4T, so they have a big final night on Wednesday.
Here is picture for thought I am sharing...
Thanks to Peggy for hosting the Daybook ~ Join in and read more daybooks at The Simple Woman's Daybook.
1) Ah, the blissful sound of music in the home!! :) My kids had piano lessons today - and came home eager to practice new songs. Love that!
ReplyDelete2) Glad to hear another solider is home safely from Iraq - near & dear to my heart.
3) LOVE the verse you added to the pic of my sleeping MiMi ... I was trying to think so some verse to add - but I fell asleep!! LOL!!!
4) You should check out this blog (as if you needed MORE blogs to read!): www.homejoys.blogspot.com Memmonite home-schooling mom - very interesting!
I love "In the Hall of the Mountain King"! your house sounds very interesting - lots going on at once! Have a good week - I love the photo!
ReplyDeleteHi, Melanie,
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for stopping by my blog today! It is a joy to meet other ladies and to read their blogs. I really enjoyed your Daybook. I can tell your home is a loving, active place to dwell!
I will be back to visit you again. :)
~Blessings~
I signed up for swagbucks but didnt really understand how to use the whole swagbuck thing. How do you get more, use it, etc?
ReplyDeleteVery nice post, Melanie! I've enjoyed it.
ReplyDeleteHi Melanie! Thanks for visiting my daybook. I've enjoyed visiting your place here on the web. I love "In the Hall of the Mountain King". That was one song that I didn't mind practicing when I took piano lessons as a child. Now, theory and technique ~ that's another story! I'll be back again! :)
ReplyDeleteI love the pic mom!!
ReplyDelete