TODAY
April 5, 2010
Outside my window...
Sunshine and shadows (it's early), lots of green after our light rain, robins are singing, cattle are enjoying breakfast. They predicted severe weather for this afternoon, but we're getting yesterday's predicted sunshine instead maybe?
I need to post updates on the house, the birthdays, and more.
The book of Job is a tough place to find inspiration for bridal shower devotions.
I am thankful for...
the truth of the resurrection ~ and the hope it provides in the midst of all else.
I am praying for...
direction, wisdom, patience
Friday night we stayed up l.a.t.e. to watch The Longest Day ~ not very Easter-ish, except maybe the title
We are actually reading about the Cold War now.
An interesting note after watching Tora! Tora! Tora! last week ~ our Cattleman has a YWAM biography of Jacob DeShazer (whose life is a story in itself) -- in this book it also tells of Captain Mitsuo Fuchida who led the Japanese squadron to Pearl Harbor --> Fuchida became a Christian after the war! Is that cool, or what?!
I think I had a roast on today's menu, but I may have to find a Plan B since the roast is still in the freezer and we like them cooked long and slow... Hmm, maybe BBQ sloppy joes since I have homemade buns in the freezer?
I am creating...
I can only think of work still in progress... sewing, tax returns, the resulting mess when the kids do the seasonal clothing switch, piles to get rid of ... and the list that I have yet to begin.
We did start some seeds indoors and out. Tim seeded a new hayfield. I think we have a designated garden spot at the new house ~ and potatoes for the Cattleman to plant in it.
I am going...
maybe?? to the bank, to finish printing tax returns (then to the farm office to use the photocopier...), to a candle party on Tues, church on Wed, piano & groceries on Friday...
I am reading...
the Bible, Dancing with my Father, Tim's Graze newspaper-style magazine
I am hoping...
to accomplish all that we should in the next five weeks... one day at a time.
I am hearing...the Cattleman singing/humming ~ the girls' silliness has settled into quietness that hopefully means they are reading their Bibles
Around the house...
the Cowgirl has a rug-hooking project parked under the coffee table, the Computer Geek's laptop is backing up, still piles of books, the piano needs water in its humidifier, laundered snow pants to put away in the attic, plenty of dust and cobwebs to be displaced ...
One of my favorite things...
what a Great Dad my husband is ~ staying up late again last night to have a discussion with the older girls at their request
Here are two pictures for thought I am sharing...
the Cattleman and the Popper helping Miss Artist with their birthday cake before Tim sent their silliness to bed...
Find more daybooks at The Simple Woman's Daybook.
[Edit: The "candle party" I might go to tomorrow is actually a Scentsy Party, which is not candles... I see that now ~ Thanks for the link to April Showers, Amy ;-)]
Enjoyed your daybook, have a good week!
ReplyDeleteRug-hooking ~ now that's fun! Homemade hamburger buns sound yummy - maybe you could (in all your spare time, wink!) share that recipe!?! I tried making those once - let's just say, the recipe wasn't a keeper! Hope you're having a wonderful week * Thanks for the cyber-hug! Warmly, EMichelle
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing your Daybook. I love that your son got seeds for his birthday-- I think that's a cool gift! We get Graze also, if you're talking about the one that comes from Wisconsin. The editor/owner is a friend of ours!
ReplyDelete