Captured by Sarah Photography ~ August 29, 2012

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

daybook 9


The Simple Woman's Daybook will be posted each Tuesday ~ here.



FOR TODAY
Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Outside my window...
the sun has been up longer than I have today.
most of the yard and pasture is a lovely green.
the cattle have come for a drink - they look especially fine on the green grass!

I am thinking...
I should have called the chiropractor last week ~ I should still call today and see when they have an opening big enough for the five of us.

I am thankful for...
the fun my kids have together - really I am.
the first healthy Angus calf  born Saturday(?) ~ Tim & kids found her Sunday afternoon ~ She's a girl, and she is /s/p/u/n/k/y/

I am praying for...
Little ones Sophia W. and Kali B. both have important doctor visits today.
My dad (not so little - his 78th birthday was Sunday) also meets with a favorite surgeon today to discuss options for his torn something in his shoulder.  They are thankful for the medical care they get in Arizona.
My mom is recovering from her ankle surgery last Friday ~ Mom & Dad are thankful for friends and family nearby as they struggle to care for each other right now.
Mrs. Barnes, who is meeting with yet another French anesthesiologist tomorrow ~ hopefully this one will agree to assist in her needed hip-replacement surgery.
Tim's nephew Craig, who broke his leg a few weeks ago ~ praying for good, strong healing!  (Crack the books, Craig, not your leg!)  :-) 
[edit:  Craig finally had surgery a week ago to put a rod in that broken leg - still praying for healing!]

From the learning rooms...
The Popper finished reading her science book yesterday; the Cattleman is enjoying his new curriculum via dvd; the Cowgirl has finished her math book; the Computer Geek has the final exam left in his literature; Miss Artist has been studying the DOT book to get her learner's permit to drive which she needs for a photo ID before flying solo next week; Miss Music Box is trying to hurry through the remainder of her geometry book (to end that source of misery!)
We discussed existentialism a bit this morning in our history reading ~ the youngers are a bit aghast that anyone could be so deluded.  It is so sad for a culture to turn from hollow religion with some remnant of truth to the hopelessness of humanistic lies.  I am thankful that we know the God who is real!

From the kitchen...
I served a Lazy Mom supper last night:  frozen pizza  :-)  It was Tim's first night in the field with planting, so I wasn't very motivated.  Tonight will be meatloaf and mashed potatoes.

I am creating...
Okay, last time I should have to say this - until next year... tax returns ready for mailing, if only I could find the big envelopes I know I have somewhere...
And a list of potential light fixtures for the new house  :-)

I am going...
to take Miss MB to the orthodontist today (thus, the soft food supper) and hopefully Miss A to the DOT 
(while wishing we had an appointment at the chiropractor - Did I say that already?)

I am reading...
hmm, lately it's been the lighting catalogs.
The Winged Watchman was a fun diversion the other night (about Nazi occupation of Holland).  I started reading Bright Candles: A Novel of the Danish Resistance, but I think I will return it unfinished since I don't like the flavor (somehow it's different listening to John Wayne swear as he portrays a US officer than reading about a fictional 17yo swearing with his friends and lying to his parents...)   Aha! - just found where I'd stashed Dancing with My Father, so I can read another chapter in that!

I am hoping... 
that all is well with Tim and his fieldwork.
that more calves will be born without difficulty this week.
that somehow our preferred cabinet maker will offer a better special to reduce the cost of our kitchen.  (hoping that it is God's will we have the better-quality, Iowa-made, locally-retailed cabinets?)

I am hearing...
the CG singing/humming/trumpeting while he solves his Algebra problems.

Around the house...
I need to forget that I own a computer and deal with our collection of s.t.u.f.f.  Talk is cheap, ya know.  I have a dream:  A place for everything, and everything in its place.  That probably means a lot of our 'everything' needs to live in someone else's 'place' or a recycling bin somewhere over the rainbow...  Yoohoo, Flylady?  I can do anything for 15 minutes...

One of my favorite things...
~ ~ ~ Cheer up, cheer up, cheerio!  ~ ~ ~
the best unalarming alarm clock ever - in the form of a robin.  They also sing an evening song that could remind a person to call it a day.
God's way is the best!

A few plans for the rest of the week:
Making progress? with the same-old -- schoolwork to accomplish and organize (including 'next year'), house decisions, sewing projects always, infinite ironing...

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...
The Cattleman is a determined gardener ~ broccoli, peas, radishes here; and potatoes at the new house's garden.  More to come.



...and another from Miss Artist who was capturing the green grass and caught the Cattleman in the background.



Cool beans.


Peggy hosts the daybook at The Simple Woman's Daybook ~ click to find more.


4 comments:

  1. oh, that last pic is definitely COOL BEANS! :) Wish we got a dollar for every time we said or wrote COOL BEANS, don't you!! hee hee!

    Infinite ironing ... caught my eye. Yep, me too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, taxes. I really need to finish up today too... and find the envelopes as well. Sigh. I'd much rather work outside! Love the last picture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Wednesday My Friend,
    The sun shining through windows ~ birds singing ~ pets stirring to be let outside... chubby toes pitter-pattering upstairs ~ no need for a man-made alarm clock, God's gentle morning nudge is definitely the BEST! Great pics ~ seems like your fields were just covered in a blanket of snow ~ Blessings, EMichelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Melanie!
    I've not crocheted those (not quite good at circular crocheting yet!)... but I sure like the dishcloths!
    My grandma knitted me some, too, and I love those.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from y'all!