This looked like fun, so I'm playing along with Carrie at Farming on Faith.
A. Age: 46
B. Bed size: queen
C. Chore you dislike: dusting
D. Dogs: not yet! We are overdue in that dept.
E. Essential start to your day: protein and a shower
F. Favorite color: blues (and a little bit of everything else)
G. Gold or silver: an ounce of each, if you please (Ok, my wedding ring is gold)
H. Height: 5' 6"
I. Instruments you play(ed): piano (ha ha - when I wasn’t hiding from my teacher)
J. Job title: Research Associate in the field of Child Development and Human Relations ;-)
K. Kids: 6 (4 girls and 2 boys)
L. Live: Sandy Creek Farm, central Iowa
M. Mom’s name: Mom :-)
N. Nicknames: Smelvina, Melzaire, Melba Toast (courtesy of my creative sister long, long ago)
O. Overnight hospital stays: when 3 of our babies were born and once when a little one was in for a 24-hour observation :-\
P. Pet peeves: a dogmatic insistence for ‘tolerance’ of sin
Q. Quote from a movie: “Ma wants ya, Alvin.” Can you name it??
R. Righty or lefty: Righty.
S. Siblings: 1 sister, 3 brothers, all older than me
T. Time you wake up: 6-7 ish
U. Underwear: Is this a yes/no question?? How about “Uniform” instead? Usually a denim skirt.
V. Vegetables you don’t like: I don’t buy brussel sprouts.
W.What makes you run late: Trying to get another job done!
X. X-rays you’ve had: Dental (lots), chiropractor, and a broken arm when I was almost 11yo
Y. Yummy food you make: No one is awake to pick one for me –?-
Z. Zoo animal favorites: penguins, seals ~ I guess b/c I love the water and watching them swim (espec when it’s hot and I wish I could jump in too!)
How about you?
This was fun to read. Funny - my favourite colour is blue, I love the water, and I'm very often in a denim skirt!! ;-)
ReplyDeleteThat's a fun meme... maybe I'll try it later :D
ReplyDeleteThe movie... Sergeant York?
Julie
The quote: Sargeant York, OF COURSE!! I've been to his home in Central TN - and I've watched that movie about 1,293,384 times :) (Just don't EVER read Gary Cooper's biography - it will sorely disappoint you - Dan got it for me because I loved his acting so much ... but turns out in real life he was a very immoral man).
ReplyDeleteAnyhoo ... fun meme - I may participate IF I can get my chore done while MiMi is taking her nap!! Gotta run.....
I was just thinking I should do a post, and this looks like a fun one to copy. Thanks!
ReplyDeleteI like learning more about you :o) That was a fun post to read.
ReplyDeleteThis is great, I just may have to participate! Loved learning more about you! Blessings abundant!
ReplyDeleteSargent York! Love that movie... but it took me a few minutes... which means I'm overdue to watch it! Fun sharing!
ReplyDeleteFun! I just might give it a whirl!
ReplyDeleteInteresting... I may give this a try. I've found that I can really like brussel sprouts if I buy them fresh on the stalk, steam 'til tender and serve with a slathering of sweet bacon sauce.
ReplyDeleteYou need to try brussel sprouts! Mine are good!
ReplyDelete