Captured by Sarah Photography ~ August 29, 2012

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

daybook 3/29/2011

 


 

FOR TODAY  

Tuesday, March 29, 2011


Outside my window...

~ the early morning snow has melted ~ the pasture is looking greener!

~ the guys have worked hard clearing the land that should be our lawn this year  :-)

 

I am thinking...

I need to call Mr. Insurance Agent, whether I want to or not.  Maybe I will shoot him another e-mail? (Okay, done! …and he just called me back.  He was able to date the updated policy back to January!  woot woot!  PTL!)

 

I am thankful …

for the snow ~ Tim seeded the hayfields on Saturday, so the moisture was needed ~ and I can also be thankful it has melted into the ground

for another heifer calf born on the Cattleman’s birthday (Sunday) ~ Taquita (fem. form of taquito? ~ Her mama’s name is Fajita)

 

I am praying for...

... the Rettigs and the church in Prague

… the sale of my mother-in-law’s home

… Amber’s dad

… Diane and family

… Grant S.

… the broken marriages of J & S and R & K

… the W family

… Cinnamon, still missing her deployed hubby (& her son is a US Marine assisting in Japan)

… my dad, scheduled for shoulder surgery next week

… Hiromi, her family, others in Japan

… Amy W. ~ started chemo last Friday

… Marcia R’s mom, Margaret ~ medication decision

… Michelle ~ health need

… Angela & her newborn twins ~ especially Lincoln, who had a very rough delivery and is in NICU

… youth and adults preparing for their mission trip to Brazil

… healthy, live calves

… decisions we need to make

 

From the learning rooms...

We are a bit lethargic today~ too much birthday cake perhaps?

Ancient Rome, library research papers, and more…  I think we are scheduled to hear stories from the speech students on Friday night!  :-)

Thinking about books to order for next year.  Praising the Lord for the ones I’ve found used at the HSLDA Market!

 

From the kitchen...

Options:  beef burritos, turkey taquitos, cheeseburger soup, goulash, VandeKamps  ;-)

I need to bake bread (but I’m sitting here instead ~ lazy day!)

 

I am creating...

I found another “FREE” photo book offer, this time at SmileBooks ~

(http://www.smilebooks.com/)  The hyperlink wouldn’t work –?-

I have not yet ordered the book I worked on at Shutterfly ~ I was hoping Miss Music Box would finish her Prague book first, so I could combine the order… 

 

I am going...

to wear RED tomorrow night to church ~ We are looking forward to seeing the A family in China via skype!  (and looking fwd to seeing them in person here in June!)

 

(Side note:  I was not the patient at the orthodontist last week ~ So far, just Miss MB has braces… and she should be done soon.  I was hoping she’d be done before senior pictures, but alas… not so.)

 

I am reading...

my Bible, Large Family Logistics, The Story of the Romans, and I might start A Cry from the Streets

image 

 

I am hoping...

>>  one of the other heifers might adopt Valerie

>>  to get more sleep this week!

 

I am hearing...

the Popper asking for help with spelling as she writes a letter to her cousins

 

Around the house...

I still need to dust, vac, and mop  :p

Yesterday (& the weekend… & last week’s late nights) sorta wore me out!

 

One of my favorite things...

hearing robins and cardinals sing ~ even when it’s freezing!

 

Pondering these words...

The law of the LORD is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple.

The statutes of the LORD are right, rejoicing the heart: the commandment of the LORD is pure, enlightening the eyes.

The fear of the LORD is clean, enduring for ever: the judgments of the LORD are true and righteous altogether.

More to be desired are they than gold, yea, than much fine gold: sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb.

Moreover by them is thy servant warned: and in keeping of them there is great reward.

Psalm 19:7-11

 

A few plans for the rest of the week:

my TO DO List and EOM accounting

 

Here is a picture for thought...

Very cheesy (smile & pizza), yes?

DSC01477

 

And the birthday buddies  :-)

(Sunday & Monday)

      DSC01607      DSC01776

 

Take heed to the ministry which thou hast received in the Lord,

that thou fulfil it.

Colossians 4:17

 

~ Find more Daybooks at Peggy's ~

5 comments:

  1. Lovely Daybook.
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great daybook and the cakes sure look yummy! Yea, for greener pastures. Maybe Spring will be there soon! Blessings for this day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awww, happy birthday to several of yours - and a BIRTH day to a bovine as well!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cakes look wonderful!! And I love the names of your cows. Whatever your son is eating looks yummy too - I love cheese over food like that!
    Happy birthday to the two that were celebrating, and all the best with the decision-making.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the cow/calf coordinating names. :)

    I appreciate your thankfulness for the snow. There is a chance of it here today as well. As soon as the weather warms, we should have beautiful pastures from all of our rain this spring.

    Your birthday cakes are very creative! YUM!

    (And I will check out the Quaker Oats recipe-- not sure why I didn't do that before!)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from y'all!