FOR TODAY
Tuesday, March 22, 2011
Outside my window...
it’s a cloudy, foggy day… but I think I see some green in the pasture! (Afternoon edit: Now it’s actually raining a bit of drizzle)
I am thinking...
about how little our insurance agent seems to appreciate our unintentionally complicated account :-\
about a particular family member, who having eyes is still blind in her understanding of truth. God is able, so I will continue to pray.
I am thankful …
- for God’s Word
- for my mom’s continued recovery from surgery
- for Kayleb & Jeremy who are here working on the house while on Spring Break
- for another healthy heifer calf born on Saturday
- for my daughters’ combined efforts at piano duets (I wish we had the recording figured out and accomplished, so that I could share them with you)
- for fresh beef in the freezer and 80 pounds of apples and oranges from Azure Standard :-)
I am praying for...
… the sale of my mother-in-law’s home
… Diane and family
… Grant S.
… the broken marriages of J & S and R & K
… the W family
… Cinnamon, still missing her deployed hubby
… Hiromi, her family, others living/working in Japan
… young mom Amy W., just diagnosed with breast cancer and starting chemo on Friday
From the learning rooms...
Greek, The Scarlet Letter – OH wait, those are Kayleb’s books ;-)
My high schoolers are working with The Real ACT Prep Guide and The Elegant Essay (IEW) among other things. My middler hit a speed bump with combining negative and positive numbers, but I think we all survived. The youngers have been working ahead to have free time with the cousins and their approaching birthdays.
From the kitchen...
taco rice casserole, smoked turkey and sweet potatoes, meatloaf and mashed potatoes (orthodontist menu), Julie’s taquitos, pizza
Birthday requests: haystack and calzones
I am creating...
photo book number 2 ~ it should be getting easier, but I switched companies
(Want to see book number 1? that I finished at 1:30 am after I formatted it twice)
I am going...
out the door SOON to the orthodontist and a few other errands
I am reading...
TruthQuest History Guide to Ancient Greece ~ trying to wrap up our study and move on to Ancient Rome
The Elegant Essay by Lesha Myers (I have an older edition) ~ trying to coach my high schoolers through their English research paper and keep my own sanity
I am hoping...
to get Kate’s senior pictures done in the next few weeks with Sarah (and to find a good location(s) to do that… the Botanical Center? someplace else with a grand piano?
I am hearing...
the dryer rumbling with jeans, music from a CD player somewhere ~ maybe the attic? Kayleb, Jeremy & the Cattleman are adding more insulation up there today, and a different song playing from the Cowgirl’s laptop in the next room
Around the house...
books and piano CDs to return to the library
the smell of freshly-baked blonde brownies ~ baked by my oldest blonde :-)
One of my favorite things...
modern technology, when it does what I want… ahem
Pondering these words...
People don’t mind a Jesus who is a good man, a great moral teacher and philosopher, or even a prophet, but they don’t want a Jesus with all authority and power because that means accountability.
(Nancy Leigh DeMoss)
A few plans for the rest of the week:
picking up UNFI coop delivery, signing a rewritten HO policy at the insurance office, meeting with home school supervising teacher, enjoying a baby shower for my nephew’s wife & baby boy, getting ready for The Back-to-Back Birthdays!
Last year’s Birthday Buddies ~
Take heed to the ministry which thou hast received in the Lord,
that thou fulfil it.
Colossians 4:17

I really enjoy reading your Daybooks and learning from you as you're in a different "season" of motherhood and life than I am. Thank you for sharing. Hope the orthodontist visit isn't too painful, and yay for willing workers during Spring Break!
ReplyDeleteSounds like good times ... :)
ReplyDeleteChecking in to say, "HI!" I enjoyed your daybook. Hope the orthodontist visit didn't create too much pain and discomfort. My kids lived on drinking youghurt after their first appointments...
ReplyDeleteI also hope you get more GREEN!
Hoping all went well with the ortho. Our youngest will be getting more upper brackets next month and I can sympathize with him as I wore braces for 4 years as a teenager. Thank you for the many scriptures on your blog. I also lilke that you have a prayer list. Hmmm, might have to take that idea. Well God bless you down on the farm. Thanks agian for the blog.
ReplyDeleteLovely daybook.
ReplyDeleteI am always so incredibly blessed by reading these daybooks and this time was no exception. There is something so beautiful about daily life being shared and rejoiced upon.
Have a blessed weekend!
Rachel
Congrats on all your many blessings, and I pray God will be gracious with your loved ones like he was with me. I once was blind, but now I see.
ReplyDeleteThe Scarlet Letter is my all time favorite book, besides the Bible.
Hurray for another healthy calf... and ALL that you accomplish. (I feel like a slug!)
ReplyDeleteJulie
I looked up your smile's book -- very cool. Have you gotten it back yet?
ReplyDelete