FOR TODAY
Monday, March 14, 2011
Have you heard? It’s “pi” day. 3.14 Get it?
I guess I am supposed to be baking a pie for supper?
Outside my window...
The sun is still shining warmly.
The landscape is again predominantly brown ~ lots of mud. This too shall pass… someday. I’m dreaming of green grass.
Tim says the creek is quite low, but that could all change quickly. It’s “flood awareness week.” Showers are in tomorrow’s forecast. I guess that’s better than last week’s snow.
I am thinking...
about what to do with the still-frozen chicken for supper –?-
I am thankful …
for God’s faithful lovingkindness and omnipotence
Ah Lord GOD! behold, thou hast made the heaven and the earth by thy great power and stretched out arm, and there is nothing too hard for thee…
Behold, I am the LORD, the God of all flesh: is there any thing too hard for me?
Jeremiah 32:17, 27
I am praying for...
Hiromi and her family in Japan
From the learning rooms...
The Cattleman is reading about Captain John Smith in preparation for writing a report in language class. The Popper says she wants to be done with school in April instead of May ~ but we’ll see if she’s able to double up on her lessons ;-) I think mid-May will be just fine.
The speech students will present poems this week; story-telling is next!
I’ve started working on plans for next year. And bidding on used textbooks we will need. How late do I want to stay up tonight trying to win a Physics book?? I was hoping to buy it for 1/4 retail, but we are up to half now ~ and “Christine” is winning. (Retail is $40.) Bumping up our bid now instead of later… The auction closes after midnight our time.
From the kitchen...
I’ve also been at allrecipes.com looking at chicken recipes ~ Maybe we should enjoy the leftover beef roast and leave the chicken for tomorrow? (since it’s still quite frozen)
I really need a menu plan for the rest of the month! I could/should be making kefir and more granola. And I think we are out of cookies :o
I am expecting two of Tim’s nephews to join us during their spring break, which means I need to gear up my efforts in the kitchen!
Last week’s whole wheat crackers:
I am creating...
Well, since I have FINISHED the tax returns [cue applause], it must be time to take on the scrapbooks for Miss Music Box’s graduation parties. I may play with ordering a photo book from Shutterfly. .So.much.to.do.
I am going...
to bed earlier tonight. Really.
I am reading...
a set of biographies that caught my eye at the library while I was picking up books for the Cattleman.
Upon the Head of the Goat: A Childhood in Hungary 1939-1944 by Aranka Siegal
Grace in the Wilderness: After the Liberation 1945-1948
…which is why I stayed up late last night finishing the second book.
I am hoping...
most of my Azure Standard order comes this time ~ and that I can find room for it in the basement fridge (70-some pounds of apples?)
I am hearing...
a jumble of A Beka teachers instructing via dvd and my kids responding (language, algebra, espanol)
the oven clicking on/off as Sunday dinner reheats for supper
Around the house...
I have more laundry to fold and put away; most of the kids are still/again working on school; I should set the table for supper (and figure out why someone else isn’t doing that)
The garage smells like oil-based stain ~ I’m looking forward to having my “China cabinet” finished!
One of my favorite things...
sitting in front of the S family at church, so I can hear their sweet children singing out strong (Yes, you, Amber!)
Pondering these words...
My natural instinct is to want a life free from pain and trouble and adversity. But I’m learning to welcome anything that makes me realize how much I need God. Does your prayer life show that you recognize your desperate need for God?
~Nancy Leigh DeMoss
A few plans for the rest of the week:
picking up the Azure order, picking up our beef at the locker (yay!)
Here is a picture for thought...
The green pads look like a barn to me ;-)
Take heed to the ministry which thou hast received in the Lord,
that thou fulfil it.
Colossians 4:17
~ Find more Daybooks at Peggy's ~
Hi Melanie! I love Nancy Leigh DeMoss' books. How do you like Abeka video school?
ReplyDeleteCindy
Hi! Stopping by from SWD. Have a wonderfully blessed day!
ReplyDeleteGosh, Melanie! You make your own crackers?? wow!! I don't even make muffins from scratch anymore (well, hardly anyway) - it's too easy to just open a packet of muffin mix...
ReplyDeleteGranola -- I have some to share! What is your snail mail again?
ReplyDelete