Captured by Sarah Photography ~ August 29, 2012

Sunday, August 29, 2010

the schedule...

...always looks so good on paper.  =)  Anyone know what I mean?!

But here it is anyway, for the sake of giving you the complete picture of what our homeschool day will might not look like... (You might notice that I am not putting times on here! You can count the bullets for yourself.  And then pray for me to be diligent to start our day early enough... and the troops to fall in as ordered)

  • Breakfast & Bible with Mom; Kitchen clean-up/Piano practice for Littles Youngers (an 8yo who can put a hot lunch on the table for her dad is not a Little; nor is a 10yo who just purchased his first power tools)
  • DVD: Bible Doctrines (Olders); Youngers can do personal devos and practice K4T memory verses-- or get started on Math (not a bad idea)
  • Math (this will be interesting with six diff math classes ALL with CD or DVD instruction)
  • Science
  • English/Language
  • Lunch; Kitchen clean-up
  • Mom's read-aloud usually pertaining to history; Ancient World History/Government or Econ for DD#1 (this will also be interesting to see if Mom can make the switch back to reading at lunch time instead of breakfast  :o  I am pretty stodgy, ya know ~ the veritable old dog, Conny)
  • DVD: Speech (M&W)/Orchestra (T&Th); Youngers have time to read, play outside, or do an art project?; Piano lessons &groceries on Friday?
  • DVD: Spanish
  • Piano practice for olders/Violin/Viola/Flute; Laundry, Supper prep, House tidy ~ ha ha, Homework, OUTside! for play and chores
  • Supper
  • Bible with Dad when he's available
  • (more Homework)  .... zzzzzzzzzzzzz


(K4T = Kids 4 Truth, which is our Wednesday night program for kids through 6th grade... which means we only have two kids left in the program!)

6 comments:

  1. I understand the might part - the schedule is always changing here!

    Have a good week.
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aah - it always looks good on paper. You certainly seem to get a lot done in a morning!
    I am trying (yet again!) to design a schedule for our days. I'm also trying a new 'style' to our homeschool. Wish me luck ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goodness you've been busy!

    I'm just back from vacation and trying to get caught up with my bloggy friends :D

    When will you be starting up with homeschool?

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wish I could say I'm listening to the voice of the Lord saying, This is the way; walk ye in it. The list/schedule looks really full, and to be honest, the Charlotte Mason style has a lot of appeal to me... espec the short lessons and lack of every subject daily. Don't you love (sarcasm) doubts before you've even begun a commitment?! ...Sorry ~ early morning (when I went to sleep) brain fog today...

    So Felicity, I'd love to hear more about your style changes ;-)

    Amy, enjoy those Littles of yours and the greater ability to flex =)

    Julie, some have begun new stuff; some are finishing old; some group subjects have to wait for Miss MB's return ~ so, um, we hope all will be up and running nicely before October 1! No one wants to HAVE to do school next June :-(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, and I'm thinking the beloved bookshelf might have to wait until next summer for its paint job. (after Tim might have time to use a belt sander on the cabinet) I should get my boys to haul it into the house for me today ~ the 'schoolroom' is a crazy mess without enough shelves to park all these books!

    Don't you love a complete update (brain dump, Julie) in the comment section?

    =) Y'all have a great day/week too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't quite see you as a stodgy old dog, Melanie!! LOL!!! :)
    I have all kinds of schedules & lists in my mind too (and on paper!) ... but it's good to stay flexible!! :) Happy new home school year!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from y'all!