Captured by Sarah Photography ~ August 29, 2012

Saturday, August 7, 2010

happy birthday

...to the Computer Geek!  14 years ago (and about an hour) this young man was born (our first home birth!)  Wow, how time goes so quickly!



Interesting that this is "today's verse" from Bible Gateway...
“For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; he will save us.” (Isaiah 33:22)

The Computer Geek's real name means "God is my judge."  =)


Three of his sisters contributed to decorating his cake yesterday as he requested  (Tell him how blessed he is!)




It's supposed to be a computer screen... with this ugly Python snake on it...



This morning's birthday breakfast included...
scrambled eggs with fried potatoes, sausage, cheese
waffles, blueberry sauce, "maple" syrup (real flavor added to sugar water... not quite up to par)
smoothies (all because a nectarine was mealy)
Mostly prepared by his big sis Miss Music Box ~ She baked the cake too (I think I am the one who is spoiled!)

7 comments:

  1. Hello Melanie,
    This looks like a fantastic family effort to celebrate your sons birthday.
    Love the work the girls have done to decorate that cake. You are spoiled indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband's name means GOD IS JUDGE too ... and I know they share this name - Happy Birthday to your 14 year old!!! Love the cake!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to your son!! If I am correct, I have a son by the same name - lovely name isn't it? I love the meaning, and the character inthe Bible - how he stood for what he believed! may your son continue to grow in the Lord and live out the meaning of his name!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Ladies ♥
    Felicity, that's why we chose the name ~ he is my DH's favorite Bible character =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Melanie,

    Do me a favor, please? And leave me your email in a comment - I won't publish it. I don't like to post mine because it has my full name. Thanks!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday to your oldest! 14 is such a great age!! Yummo! on breakfast!!! Blessings, EMichelle

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from y'all!