Captured by Sarah Photography ~ August 29, 2012

Thursday, August 5, 2010

argh

It used to irritate me when Huggies "improved" their diapers while reducing the number of diapers in the bag and raising the price... (okay, it still does irritate me ~ I just don't have to face it daily like I did many long years ago)

So, Blogger, what is the deal with the NEW template designing stuff?!?  I was quite content with my design from hotbliggityblog... Then I got notice that it would disappear on Aug 1 for whatever reason.  So I went shopping for a new design and ended up with the blue flower one from cutestblogontheblock.  Today I decided to look again (after battling to get my links to show up in a different color) Quit trying to change text color and found another cute design at hotbliggity.. But for some reason it won't appear on the blog ~ except the hotbliggityblog logo?  Bleh.  So I picked a template from the minimal Blogger choices, and here we are.  :p

Bright spot:  The links are now clearly seen.  And I'm provoked to get up and do something else with this day come back and spend yet another hour messing with the format.  Okay, I'm done now.  I think we'll have to live with this for a few months.

Please don't miss the post on Prague now that I've posted this rant!

5 comments:

  1. Yeah - I had some problems with templates too. I don't like the new blogger format either - I had to search for ages to find the 'White Minima" design from the old designer stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where did you find it, Felicity??

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm having the same problems!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blog looks great :D

    I bet in a matter of weeks the designers will start figuring out ways to put custom backgrounds on bloggers new layouts. In the mean time...

    I know that I - anyway - spend way too much time fussing about how it looks. (Totally speaking for myself.. not a sideways crack at you!)

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Um, yeah, Julie ~ see the added note about coming back again to fuss over it... I read a Help page about how you can adjust the width of the columns, rearrange this/that, yada yada...

    Reminds me of what my wise DH said when I joined FB... (in addition to blogging)... "Now we'll get NOTHING done" referring to ME getting nothing else done... of course...

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from y'all!