Captured by Sarah Photography ~ August 29, 2012

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

the crazy life

Here's my FB status from last night:

.what.a.day. After dropping off E, we hit a bookstore, Target & Kohls in Ankeny (and Bosco's for half-price gyros!), then on to Ames for groceries and a "quick" stop at the mall... Left home this morn ~11 and just got home again at 8:50pm. Do I need to mention that I had my teenage shopping queens with me?

And to prepare for such an unexpectedly long day, Miss MusicBox and I were shopping online until after midnight Monday night ~ I finally shut it off when we lost i-net service in the thunderstorm.  Smart?

Monday we finally finished cleaning out the old house (Tim still has a pile of trash and a few things in the garage) ~ whew!  I need to bake bread today (yesterday)... And the Computer Geek has a paper route to deliver today.  I should actually cook a meal for my family?  Church tonight.  Friday begins "tax-free weekend" for back-to-school clothes shopping (um, which we sorta did a LOT of yesterday)... So they gave us $30 of store credit at Kohls to be used Friday or Saturday.  And since I have several things to return, maybe we will brave the crowd on Friday morning?  ugh.  Friday night we need to celebrate the CG's 14th birthday, because on Saturday we will be at a family reunion...

Next week...
The Cattleman's Sunday school teacher gave them the "Romans 12 Challenge" this summer (in competition with the high school class) ~ The younger class appears to be winning the challenge, and their prize is a camping trip!  (That's next week)  And we have Tim's nephew Matthew and his new bride Jessica coming for a few days (to work on the house! yay!) ~ and maybe Kayleb too??  Miss MB has a day of babysitting for a friend, then she and Miss Artist are to go to the State Fair with their high school Sunday school class to help run an evangelistic booth... I think Miss A has agreed to an evening of babysitting.  Youth group is invited to a swimming activity on Saturday.

And in just five short weeks, Tim and Miss MB need to be packed and ready to travel to the Czech Republic!  (thus my 'willingness' to marathon clothes shop yesterday)

Crazy?!


I should like to look forward to heaven because I will see my Blessed Savior ~ not just because I'm tired of life on this earth...


"Hezky den" (hess-key den) 
"Have a nice day" in Czech  :-)

~ ♥ ~

7 comments:

  1. I am tired just reading all of that! Praying that you have the energy to get it all done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No bread baked yet, but Miss MB decided to start bagels and tortillas while we were gone this morn... I cleaned out most of the garage while the CG took care of his paper route. I think we just have the lawnmower (in pieces currently) and outside stuff like swingset and basketball hoop left. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a whirlwind of activity!

    Tell more about the Czech Republic trip?!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh My Goodness ~ my head is a swirlin' after reading your post! Wowza! The Czech!?! How exciting is that!!! You're in my prayers friend! Blessings, EMichelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wowza! I thought we were busy, umm not so much after reading that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Phew! I'm tired after reading how busy you were!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow - you ARE the busiest person I know right now!! LOL!!! :) I've been to the Czech Rep. twice, due to being stationed in Germany .. it's a quick drive (well, like from one state to another) ... so excited for Tim & MB to experience it!!! especially since it is missionary work!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from y'all!