Captured by Sarah Photography ~ August 29, 2012

Monday, August 30, 2010

house pictures!

Just a few, but wow ~ digital photos!
(♥ Thanks to my mom for the loan of her camera ♥)



Tim has been making progress on siding...





And getting ready for garage doors by adding some wood to attach their hardware to...
(which required removal of styrofoam and some concrete, so a bit more effort involved)



And here is my bookshelf that I was attempting to "refinish," but gave up for now (because Tim has zero time to help me with a belt sander) and had the Computer Geek help me haul it into the house...


Most of the white paint is gone, but you can see where it actually stuck pretty well.  The shelves used to be red, yellow, and green ~ I could have painted them the new blue, but decided to let them wait with the bookcase.  The brown is the original stained finish that paint does not stick to very well.  Maybe next summer we can haul it back out to the garage and finish the job.  Oh, and I have to find more shelf supports since we lost one in the move and I have additional shelving (still in the form of a four foot board) to add a couple more shelves in the place of stacked boxes  ;-)

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Miss Artist decided to cook our supper tonight... dumplings! (like crepes or pancakes with lots of egg, only diced in the skillet to make them bite-sized)  She's on a Vita-mix smoothie kick too... of the spinach-loaded variety  =)


And the Popper was good enough to pose for my first test photo with the 'new' camera  =)  My week's supply of nectarines and peaches are ripening all at once, so we are eating lots of yummy fruit!

5 comments:

  1. Looks great! I love houses with that finish - you called it 'siding'? We don't really get it here that much. I've always had a dream of living in a house like that with shutters on the windows and an attic! Maybe one day....
    Oh yes, and I love the doormat!
    Take care,
    Felicity

    ReplyDelete
  2. And my hubby loves the look of stucco finish, Felicity =) I'm guessing you might have more of that in SA?
    I hope to add dark brick red shutters someday, but it's pretty far down the list ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been eating LOTS of nectarines & peaches too - YUMMY!!! I didn't even think to make a smoothie with my mealy ones ...
    Anyway, the siding is looking great - and keep up the good work w/ the bookcase ... ONE DAY ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tim was a bit surprised that we brought the bookcase in... I explained why. So he said, Maybe in January...
    (His January TO DO List is already h.u.g.e.!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking good! So excited for you guys with your new place!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from y'all!