Captured by Sarah Photography ~ August 29, 2012

Monday, October 4, 2010

an fb status sort of post

...I should like to sit here and chat with my blogger friends... but my day is not done yet!  Yet I'm 'needing' a TO DO List to check off what we've accomplished so far, kwim?  So, since I don't have enough time for the Daybook and at the risk of wearying you all with a ~ Very Boring Post ~ as Conny would say...

I have...

  • scrubbed the stovetop ~ it's electric but not smoothtop, so you can imagine what all that involves... and how pleased I am to see it clean again!
  • baked 2 batches of bread ~ one batch is for my brother
  • disappointed my kids by not feeding them fresh bread for lunch  ;-)
  • baked peanut butter cookies for the guys in the field, which includes my Tim
  • convinced a salesman who called for Tim that after Thanksgiving would be a better time to find him at home
  • washed 3 loads laundry (with one left to put away...ahem)
  • called for our appointment with the chiropractor... I probably need to stay away from the computer in hopes of keeping the migraine manageable
  • delivered bread and cookies... and discussed my new Special Projects employment at the farm office with my aunt
  • checked some school papers, read to my kids, and got most of them going on the new course in Bible Lands Geography... and otherwise played served as the mom/tutor
  • laughed at Miss Autrey (I think that's her name), the wonderful and hilarious speech instructor we enjoy via A Beka Academy's dvds.  {{huge smiley face}}

I am now listening to Miss Music Box actually practicing her violin!!!  {That IS noteworthy, btw ~ Right, Stef?}  I still need to finalized her first lesson with a new instructor.  (My house is generally NOISY all day long, so it's hard to make phone calls...)

Okay, now it's after 6 pm and supper is still c>o>l>d> because I haven't put it together... Might be a good day for Plan B??  The chicken is cooked, so I can warm it up enough to eat it plain instead ...and still have happy children.

And if we get enough of our list done for the day... the girls and I will watch the final episode of Wives and Daughters, which I brought home from the library Friday (intending to selfishly watch it by myself).  Friday night I couldn't get any of the dvds to work in the laptop that currently lives in my room... So decided to try the Oliver Twist at the TV with dvd player, where it worked (That's a 'Go figure' if you know our dvd player, but I decided God didn't seem to want me to watch in solitude).  That was --hmmm-- good, but not so good at the same time.  (Oh, we were thoroughly entertained by the BBC Drama animated advertisement at the beginning ~ I don't know how to explain it quickly, but if you've seen it, maybe you know what I'm talking about?  Need I add that we are easily entertained?)
Tim actually came home just as we were getting it started, so he ended up joining us... and we stayed up until midnight  :o  (not good for a guy who needs to stay awake in a combine all day Saturday)  I did send the younger kids to bed since the movie was untried ...and it was already late!
Saturday I worked towards allowing myself some time with the Wives and Daughters... it ended up being ~8:30pm before we started that... but I stopped us at ONE 90 minute episode  =)   We are enjoying W&D since the less admirable characters aren't nearly as villainous as Dickens' bad guys.  Elizabeth Gaskill (novelist) would appeal to any Jane Austen fan I'm sure.  Have you seen it or her other works via BBC?

Gotta git!  Kids can watch Spanish while I get supper hot ...

4 comments:

  1. Im interested in checking those dvds out. Fun to watch a movie with the hubby alone sometimes huh? Especially when they get home unexpectedly early :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmmmmmmmm, haven't heard of Wives & Daughters ... but will keep it in the back of my head for future reference ... :)
    ANd you successfully did NOT write a VBP* :) I think I'm really the only one who does. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our house is also generally noisy all day, and I also put off making calls because of it!! And if it is quiet, it will get noisy AS SOON as I pick up that phone...
    Do you suffer much from migraines?? I am one who can sympathise - do you find that the chiropracter helps?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoy reading checklist posts as much as I enjoy writing them, and you know that's pretty often. Hope your headache went away!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from y'all!