Captured by Sarah Photography ~ August 29, 2012

Thursday, October 21, 2010

belated and wordless (almost) daybook

 

It’s Thursday already!

FOR TODAY  

Thursday, October 21, 2010


Outside my window...

October 2010 207

I am thinking...

October 2010 205 I need to order more garlic.

This is my arsenal for the cold crud I am fighting.

 

I am thankful for...

October 2010 168

October 2010 193

October 2010 192

 

 

the growing wood piles!

 

 

 

I am praying for...

October 2010 167 our missionaries. 

Monday night Kate spoke to the church ladies about the ministry in Prague.

 

From the learning rooms...

We were supposed to do school this week??  Riding with Tim in the combine, chasing the footloose steers, hauling six loads of wood, serving two huge meals to the field crew… I’m sure that in between all that I heard and saw some book work going on here.  This all counts, right?!

 

From the kitchen...

October 2010 206   tonight: “Easy Beef & Bean Salsa Burritios”

October 2010 160   Monday was a whirl!

October 2010 163Buns for hot roast beef sandwiches

and pizza crusts

October 2010 166

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I am creating...

a stuffed and sleepy field crew (Tuesday was Tim’s birthday)

Sorry!  No pics of their desserts  ~ my version of Perkins pie and cherry bars with ice cream  ~ or the completed entrees and sides.   I was thankful for  help from all four girls getting those supreme pizzas done so supremely!

 

I am going...

for more wood with the boys first thing tomorrow!

 

I am reading...

Gospel of John and a few blogs mostly ~ not much time this week!

 

I am hoping...

October 2010 188

that Tim enjoyed his birthday.

 

I am hearing...

“Dad’s home!”

because the corn fields are E>M>P>T>Y>

October 2010 187

 

Around the house...

I’ve even done laundry this week.  Are you impressed?  =)

No? Then here’s some more handiwork from Miss Artist  =)

October 2010 066

…and you thought a glass of spilled water was just a mess!

 

One of my favorite things...

October 2010 018

 

(or two or three) ~ all from my brother Mark and his sweet wife Cathy.

 

 

 

 

I trust you all are having a grrreat week!

 

~ Find more Daybooks at Peggy's ~

8 comments:

  1. What a GREAT way to do your daybook! Love it!!!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah for empty corn fields - yeah for Tim's bday - yeah for so many blessings!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was so such a great daybook entry! I loved the pictures ~ a true glimpse into your life. I hope that you are having an amazing week! Blessings, EMichelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hurray for getting all your corn in! You made me think of a poem I used to teach to my 7th graders: "When the frost is on the punkin and the fodder's in the shock..."

    Your daughter's water drops sculpture...Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww man! I missed LMF on Monday. For no good reason too! I just plain forgot. I would have loved to hear about the missions trip.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed your 'different' daybook, what a great idea!!
    Do you get the wood from trees you've chopped down?
    Your buns look great too - I've never tried making them.
    Thanks for sharing,
    Felicity

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! Happy Harvest Finale! I am impressed!

    Leanne

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from y'all!