Captured by Sarah Photography ~ August 29, 2012

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

it's become a habit

...to blog daily...

I should give credit to 30 Days of Thanks in November =)



In spite of my TO DO list, here I am again -- tho' perhaps today I'll be able to hit
publish before 11pm :o

I am struggling to write our annual Christmas letter -- this year my thoughts seem (even) more random -- like I want to fill the page with various blog posts, not one
epistle with continuity... kwim?? I did address envelopes last night - just need a few addresses. But the letter? Hmmm.

And maybe I'm just
avoiding my TO DO list?? that would be my fleshly nature -- to hide from anything overwhelming.

J.O.Y. I need to find joy.



I did receive some encouragement today in the form of an e-mail newsletter from the Maxwell family. They recently returned home from a 5-week trip only to face a couple health crises in their extended family. But she also thought of Paul who faced trials way beyond what you and I might ever face.


Mrs. Maxwell writes:

Paul had physical persecution and also the emotional strain of spiritually caring for and leading the churches. Through these particular struggles, Paul felt the same emotions that we feel when we have problems. However, he wasn't overcome and overwhelmed by those emotions. His goal in the midst of the difficulties was that Jesus would be glorified.
When all is going as we have planned, when we can handle it, when we have it all together, what need is there for the Lord Jesus? What glory does He receive? However, when it is beyond our strength and outside of our personal resources, and we choose to rely on the Lord Jesus, Who gets the praise? "But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us" (2 Corinthians 4:7)...
Written by Teri Maxwell, co-author of Managers of Their Homes, Managers of Their Chores, Managers of Their Schools, Keeping Our Children's Hearts, Just Around the Corner (Vols. 1 & 2), and author of Homeschooling with a Meek and Quiet Spirit.
To subscribe to free monthly Dad's and Mom's Corners e-mails please go to http://www.titus2.com/corners/subscribe-manager/ or e-mail dadsandmomscorners@titus2.com with the word "subscribe" in the subject line.


I also need to get more sleep. And eat less sugar. And not stress about trying to manage the problems that are beyond my control -- {ahem} I think that would mean more praying about them for God's help instead.
Pastor's quote is appropriate here also:
When we focus on ourselves it always leads to despair, but when we focus on God it gives us purpose, direction, and a drive to live.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
And since Lynn requested more recipes, here's one that's been a source of temptation since I made them last Wednesday!
Haystacks
6 squares almond bark (chocolate flavor) - half a package
1 cup peanut butter
Cereal (no amount given - I just added until I thought it looked good!)
Melt almond bark and peanut butter in a large saucepan, stir in any crunched up cereal (I used Corn Chex, Cheerios, and Rice Krispies), and mix lightly. Spoon onto cookie sheet to cool.


2 comments:

  1. MMMMM, thanks so much!! I was need some ideas to take along with me for an activity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sugar!!!!????? WHat??????????????????? Ok . . . I am guilty too. May the Lord bless you with joy, and the discipline to go to bed early and avoid sugar. Will you pray that for me too? Glad you are still blogging daily. I decided that my blog is my christmas letter to the world. I'm going to post a picture and Christmas greeting up real soon.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from y'all!