Next you must keep in mind that I am very close to my 45th birthday. Thus I am rapidly moving beyond the categories of Ditz or Bear of Little Brain. I'm not sure what I can even remember from ten years ago! But most of you know that I can yak, even when I have nothing to say... ahem... I'll find pictures!
2000

We bought a house we couldn't afford because I said we NEEDed it, and it was cute... white farm house with a little red barn on a gentle hill... awww. What we didn't know in January was that God had a different plan for us (I also failed to trust my husband -- and the Lord to provide what we really needed in His timing). In August my brother offered my husband a job (again). 300 miles away from my cute little farmhouse. Tim had been praying for direction and provision. We were very surprised by God's answer to that prayer. We moved to Iowa in September, leaving the house with a not-so-trustworthy realtor (oh, the lessons we must learn).

In late March, the Cattleman arrived in time for lunch (11:55am), and he's been hungry ever since. Shortly after, the mailman rang the doorbell with a large package. What a red-letter day for our oldest daughter: a new baby to hold and new books to read! His birth is more of a story than that of course, but I'll not let myself get started on that sort of thing... btw, he was born at home in the sweet little farmhouse. (And Jodi, he's our twin I told you about.)

2001
Hmm, see, I'm feeling stumped already. We didn't have a new baby or a new house.
But I think it was the year we began to really learn of God's grace. In earnest.
We knew that we were in Iowa to stay because it was where God wanted us to be.
We had to leave a difficult church situation, so we visited several other churches in the area. We found our new home church in Cambridge. It was mid-summer, and it was like coming into the air conditioning from the fireside. It was good to be at peace again.
Our marriage relationship grew stronger, and I give credit to my husband. He had a new determination to love me like Christ loves the church.
What amazing grace.
Oh, and we took our first trip to Colorado and New Mexico to visit Tim's brother on the Navajo Reservation.
On Tuesday, September 11, we were having a family b-day party for Miss Music Box. I didn't have the TV on a lot during the day because I didn't want the kids more frightened than I already was. I did take them along to sit in line to buy gas as we anticipated the price to go up, up, up.

2002
Another new baby: the Popper. We had a hospital birth again - what a story there. Another reason for her middle name to be Grace. She was born on her due date (a miracle in itself), the day after the Cattleman's 2nd birthday.

Celebrated Tim's mom's 80th and my dad's 70th birthdays in April!
In August, Tim's niece Lynn got married ~ the Cowgirl decided at age 4 that she was big enough to be her flower girl. The older girls (all cousins) rang handbells after the ceremony.

We moved again in September - another rental but much nicer.

(No, I'm not planning to have another 6-month-old baby for next time we move ;-))

... to be continued!
(finding and scanning all the old photos takes time)
(finding and scanning all the old photos takes time)
No comments:
Post a Comment
I would love to hear from y'all!