Trying to find blogging time… hoping to post with Sandra more regularly!

The Weather:::
Cold, white, and a bit windy.
After a couple days of rain, it changed to snow about 4pm yesterday… as we were leaving for church again. Thankfully we made it there and home again safely… slowly. A ditch full of snow is one thing; a ditch full of cold rain water is even less appealing.
This morning’s snow seems to have moved on, but the roads (and our driveway) have not been cleared and public schools are closed. I hope we can reschedule piano lessons for tomorrow.
Right now I am:
sitting here instead of in the shower :) -- pretending I have nothing else to do I guess --
Thinking:
I need to make plans to start our tax returns! {which could rosily include meals in the freezer and a quiet house for several days}
On my reading pile:::
Bible – still reading through the Psalms, didn’t finish Deuteronomy yet (although I listened to the entire book at least once), and we have begun with James. Tim wants each of us to read a few verses each day, copy them, write a paraphrase, and list commands or other applications. Oh, and I would like to read Acts since we are studying that in Sunday school.
Need to reread Confessions of a Transformed Heart
Instead I started The List yesterday, historical fiction set in Philadelphia during the War for Independence.
On my tv:::
plenty of obvious dust ~ The kids did watch Bible class earlier :)
Favorite Blog post this week (mine or other):::
The Santos Times ~ I must be ready to put winter away. Look at that green grass!
Something fun to share:::
You can make your own fish food with veggies and fruit, but it sure makes the water look not so clean.
On the menu for this week:::
Good question … to be answered before I shop groceries tomorrow!
On my to do list:::
menu plan, catch up with grading school papers, tax returns, Shutterfly photo book
What I am sewing, crocheting, knitting or creating:::
Not much since our sewing marathon the other week. More flannel waiting to make baby blankets…
Homemaking Tips:::
Sweeping the garage and adding several rugs to wipe boots should keep the kitchen floor cleaner longer. Wouldn’t you agree?
Looking around the house:::
Several pieces of trim have been stained and left to dry in the basement {so we could park the Suburban in the garage!}
Listening:::
The Popper was practicing piano, just in case we go this afternoon.
The Cowgirl is memorizing science definitions and Newton’s laws by reciting them aloud.
From the camera:::
Someone attempted to capture some sun dogs a while back…
And here’s our Cowgirl… with the cows of course :)
On my prayer list:::
several with cancer – in treatment or beyond
Bible verse, Devotional:::
- Devotion to the Lord must precede effective service.
- What we will have as our love for Christ matures is a Mary heart and Martha hands. It’s both. It’s not one or the other.
- Don’t make up your own calling. Let God birth that in you. Because if you go into it by yourself, you’ll be on your own when the heat is on, when the pressure is on.
via today’s email from Nancy Leigh deMoss
well, lookie who blogged today!! :) Yeh!!
ReplyDeleteWas just thinking it would have been this past Friday I would have been in Iowa to pick up my nephew from FBBC :( INSTEAD, my in-laws went to Iowa and stayed with THEIR friends in Knoxville. NO FAIR!!!!! LOL Oh well, less work for YOU having to play innkeeper to me! :) (this is CONNY, by the way - can't figure out how to log into google all of a sudden).
Hello fellow Iowan :) Yes, snow... lovely, lovely, snow. It will make us all the more THANKFUL for spring :)
ReplyDeleteEnjoyed your blog today!
Hi Melanie, first I want to thank you for joining in with my Happy Homemaker Monday. I love seeing new faces and meeting new friends :)
ReplyDeleteI love that photo of your girl sewing :)
Hope you're having a good week so far, and hope to blog with you more in the future.
God Bless,
Sandra