Captured by Sarah Photography ~ August 29, 2012

Friday, September 9, 2011

procrastination

... or a brain dump, whichever you choose to call this post.

  • Salsa batch #2 is still cooking down.  The frozen buckets of tomatoes were still mostly frozen this morning, so it took until 12:30pm to get everything in the big roaster. 
  • The monthly treasurer reports are done and current bills are paid.  {pat, pat}
  • But our own bills are not. Whoooops.  At least our bank's online banking works after 5pm (unlike some other banks) - I think today's banking doesn't end until 6pm.  I love our bank.  Let me count the ways.  No, I'd better pay bills instead... if I can find the appropriate bills in the mess in front of me.
  • I'd like to order Casey's pizza for supper.  But I don't want to pay for it.  Entitlement attitude?  No, thank you.  
  • btw, Social Security IS a ponzi scheme.  
  • I'm still not sure about Gov. Perry.  So far, I think I could/would vote for him.  But where is Rick Santorum??  Waaaay over at left stage.  hmmm.
  • Back to the supper plan.  I think I'll reheat some leftover sliced grilled steak with some of today's sauce and call it fajitas.  'Voila' doesn't quite fit here, does it?
  • I know there is a large stack of ungraded school papers waiting for me in the other room.  But two of the girls are almost done with Spanish 1!  : )  They are asking what we'll do to celebrate.  Can the salsa?
  • Yesterday morning was exciting here.  Miss Artist took Luci for an early run and found a car capsized in our ditch.  And we thought our gravel road would be quiet?  I could check the sheriff's report to learn who our unfortunate visitor was...
  • We should learn to check the TV schedule somewhere somehow.  Tim & I almost went back to Applebee's last night just for dessert -- and to watch the Packers pound the Saints.  But we opted for Cold Stone Creamery instead.  Yum.  Founder's Favorite is also mine.  Came home to find the game was playing on NBC, which we actually get with the silly converter box.  {eyes roll}
  • Yeah, so we stayed up until 11pm last night.  And had a delayed start to our day today.   But I did read a bit of history at breakfast.  {pat, pat}  ...for the first time this week.
  • Tomorrow is another day.  Saturday even.  We'll have some Family Fun? I'd like to go back to the Berry Patch since they are part of the Farm Cruise again.  And Judy told me they will be serving some berry delicious ice cream.
  • I am so looking forward to the kids being done with the 2010-2011 school year.  And I can almost taste it!

3 comments:

  1. I just finished my church/school's monthly payroll tax deposits and Missouri payroll taxes and other such business last night as well. Sadly, the checks for the bills still sit here beside me - they NEED to be in the mail tomorrow!!!! Most bills are due the 15th!
    I'd give you my key chain thing with its ONE FREE CASEY'S PIZZA, if I could (of course, ONE probably wouldn't do it for your family?!) ... I keep forgetting to use it :( I think it expires soon. I've never had a Casey's pizza - believe it or not - but everyone keeps saying they aren't too bad for a convenience store.
    Anyhoo....ENJOY your family fun tomorrow!! We are playing hookie on the 19th and going to a berry farm/corn maze thing with homeschool friends - should be fun (and more reasons for my kids to continue to beg me to consider home-schooling - ha!!). :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so funny. I loved reading what's going on, almost in real time in this post :-)

    Give yourself another pat pat for doing a great job on getting the post done :-)

    ~Cinnamon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done! Well done!

    Hope you guys have some fun today :D

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from y'all!