Captured by Sarah Photography ~ August 29, 2012

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

daybook 9/20/2011

 

 

FOR TODAY  

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

 

Outside my window...

it is a breezy, mostly sunny (now), lovely fall day ~ 75F (24C)

Someone should be out running with Luci!

071

 

I am thinking…

someone I know will get a kick out of an upcoming date – November 2 – when you write it with numerals.  11/02/2011.  See the pattern?  Random, I know  ;-)

 

I am thankful to God …

for my husband.  Too many families are in a mess.  There but for the grace of God…

 

I am praying for...

… a friend of Conny’s ~ Lilah is a newborn baby with spina bifida ~ Last report she is doing well  : )

… Hiromi in Japan (near the Fukushima nuclear plant) 

… Ethan and his twin sister.  See Sara’s blog.  Such a sweet testimony of God’s goodness, and such a need for His provision of health.  Recently huge blessings of answers to prayer!  The bone marrow transplant has been put off because he doesn’t need it now!

... the Rettigs & the church in Prague

… the sale of my mother-in-law’s home

… Cinnamon ~ her Army hubby is HOME from Afghanistan, her Marine son is IN Afghanistan!

… Amy W., a young wife/mom with cancer

… Sarita & Jeff need visas for their return to Israel

… the A Family, on furlough from their field of ministry – Baby #6 due to arrive in the next few weeks, hopefully while they are with family in Indiana!

… Lea’s dad ~ in the midst of a serious health crisis

… friends in the midst of trials ~ M, H

… for direction for our church, for our family

… Laura

… and especially marriages ~ meant to last a lifetime

If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.

John 15:7

 

From the learning rooms...

These just arrived in the mail today for Miss Artist:  Body of Evidence with Dr. David Menton.

 

What we eat, what we drink, how we live; at the heart of many of the bad health choices we make is a serious ignorance of the earthen vessels we call our bodies. Body of Evidence, a 16-part series on 8 DVDs, is the easiest, most complete approach to giving our children an in-depth look at one of God’s marvelous creations: ourselves.

Available from Timberdoodle where you can watch a sample video clip.  Also at Amazon.  No, this is not a paid commercial.  I haven’t even watched any of it, but it looks good!  : )

 

From the kitchen...

This week seems to be running in a Plan B mode  :p  Soooo tonight might be tacos since there’s ground beef thawing on the counter.

I should be (will be!) putting away the pile of garden peppers today.

069 

To be honest, I’ve been avoiding my kitchen since Saturday’s marathon potato-cooking.

  029

Knowing these sweet potatoes and squash await me in the garage:

028     031

Check out the size of some of them!

032

We also cooked up the Cowgirl’s pumpkins ~ a small crop  :D

033

…some of which became pumpkin bread for today’s breakfast ~ yum! 

 

I am creating...

Miss Artist has been creating…

056   062

 

I am going...

to stay at home all day… one of these days.  I hope.

 

I am reading...

I finished Choosing Forgiveness on Sunday ~ Yay, me!

This week we’ll be starting one of my favorite books – Isaiah – in our chronological Bible reading.

 

I am hoping...  

They were still working on the combine and the grain system today ~ Hoping it’s all running smoothly soooooon!

 

I am hearing...

the dryer.  Some of the kids are out with Luci now…

 

Around the house...

freezers to defrost

rocks, shells and sand from Brazil to find a new home in a display jar

070

 

One of my favorite things...

a handful of dark chocolate and almonds

  

  Why haven’t I thought before to order Doves from Amazon??  A four-pack, oh my.

 

Pondering these words...

Who is a God like unto thee, that pardoneth iniquity, and passeth by the transgression of the remnant of his heritage? he retaineth not his anger for ever, because he delighteth in mercy.  Micah 7:18

 

A few plans for the rest of the week:

Wednesday eve ~ church – K4T starts this week

Thursday ~ violin lesson (an hour of quiet reading for me)

Friday ~ piano lessons (groceries shopping)

 

Here is a are a few pictures for thought...

Last week’s strawberry mini-cupcakes crafted by my girls for a send-off at youth group ~

Bon voyage   auf Wiedersehen, Laura!

 004

This week one of our many favorite nephews is having his Golden Birthday ~ Kayleb will be 22 on September 22, 2011.  So we sent off a care package yesterday… with 22 packages inside for him!  :D

     048    051

 

 

  ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Take heed to the ministry which thou hast received in the Lord,

that thou fulfil it.

Colossians 4:17

  ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

 

~ Find more Daybooks at Peggy's ~

3 comments:

  1. Hi, Melanie. Thanks for stopping by. Chocolate is a favorite of mine too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wanted to update you: Lilah went home TODAY after 36 days in the hospital!! PRAISE THE LORD!
    Our pastor is preaching thru Isaiah right now on his chronological, expository journey thru the Bible with us! :) It never was my favorite book - but I'm learning much!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, your kitchen looks like it's been hopping! I know the feeling. I can't wait for canning season to end...so we can start to enjoy all of our labors.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from y'all!