Captured by Sarah Photography ~ August 29, 2012

Friday, October 9, 2009

little britches

We love this book! :-) Here's a favorite quote from Chapter Nine: "...Always remember, Son, the best boss is the one who bosses the least. Whether it's cattle, or horses, or men; the least government is the best government." I don't think I'm going to be able to read aloud the whole series again, but this is the best book anyway because Ralph's father has so much wisdom to share (and, if you've read this book or the series, you know that he's not around in the rest of the books...) But maybe I'll keep the other books on my List to Read... my youngers don't remember them from the first time through. And, I keep saying that the Ralph Moody books are better* than Laura Ingalls' - and I've been reading those again for my youngers. *Except Farmer Boy - that rates about as high as Little Britches :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from y'all!