Captured by Sarah Photography ~ August 29, 2012

Saturday, October 17, 2009

happy birthday, sweetheart!

This is a somewhat old photo, but I just saw it in the files and I like it! =) Tim had cooled off the kids with some water balloons...


The man turns 45 on Monday! Here's tomorrow's treat: my version of Perkin's pie with Heath Bar and pecans on top. Yum. Seemed like just the thing to follow spinach manicotti (which was already in my freezer - I'm really not SuperWoman!), Caesar salad, and Miss MusicBox's breadsticks. (I do have surprises planned for Monday as well!)


Tonight we enjoyed almost the last of this year's crop of sweet potatoes - extra yummy with pecans, coconut, brown sugar, butter...


And the other week in the grocery store I heard someone say "Kringla" YUM. It's been a long, long time since we've made kringla here. (I'm going to have to give my younger girls a lesson! The Artist shaped most of this pan for me.) And of course, now I like to bake with whole wheat flour, sooo these are almost all whole wheat. Not quite 'kringla' but still good - and healthy enough to serve for a breakfast treat in Sunday school tomorrow ;-)

1 comment:

  1. Oh, how fun!

    1. CUTE picture of you and your sweetheart! :)

    2. THAT PIE LOOKS DELISH!

    3. So does the SWEET POTATOE dish...

    4. AND THE KRINGLA...I bought some from Hy-Vee once...um, not sooo good. Should have inquired for your recipe!

    Happy Birthday to the Mr!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from y'all!