{sunrise on Jekyll Island, March 2012}
For today… Monday, April 7, 2014
Outside my window... Liberty was trying to convince Luci to come and play. Weather looks more like spring with a chance of showers
Hearing... the Popper was giggling earlier, probably at Mr. Howe, a favorite teacher {via a beka dvd}
Pondering... how to be an encouragement to those in the midst of heart-breaking trials
Praying...
Denise – another round of nasty chemo treatments today; mix of good and bad news from last week’s scans/tests –> original site of cancer shows signs of reducing, but new site of cancer is confirmed as stage 3.
Jill – recovering from successful gall bladder surgery
Kim – week 20 since her accident
Neighbor Mrs. S – we just learned she is in a care center with dementia issues
the Rettigs – missionaries to Prague, currently traveling in the US; recent update included photos of several church members and visitors at the church in Prague. I almost requested a passport appointment while I was in the post office last week {Praha is on my mind!}
Kate, Abby & Daniel – 2 weeks left in the girls’ 9-week block. Lots of BIG assignments to finish I’m sure {10-min persuasive speech for one}. Daniel’s campus suffered a brief plague of the flu last week, but he seems to have escaped without falling prey. He was able to lead the dorm devos Saturday night and the song service last night at his church.
Thankful...
He giveth more grace as our burdens grow greater,
He sendeth more strength as our labors increase;
To added afflictions He addeth His mercy,
To multiplied trials He multiplies peace.When we have exhausted our store of endurance,
When our strength has failed ere the day is half done,
When we reach the end of our hoarded resources
Our Father’s full giving is only begun.His love has no limits, His grace has no measure,
His power no boundary known unto men;
For out of His infinite riches in Jesus
He giveth, and giveth, and giveth again.~Annie Johnson Flint
Creating... baby blankets. Must. Sew. Baby. Blankets!
Going... out the door with meals on wheels today. Soon. {and home again. I like the new routes they have designed that we can be done and home again ~noon}
Reading... Psalms with the kiddos at breakfast, and Carson’s Basic History as we are studying the early years of the War for American Independence
Looking forward to... delivering meals on wheels to Mrs. Loots on Friday {she is a sweet, joyful lady, and thus became our great fave last year when we met her}
In the kitchen... tonight – leftover grilled turkey tenderloins. I have a cabbage intended for cole slaw. The Cowgirls made ‘perfect brownies’ so if all else fails we still have dessert!
In the learning rooms... the Popper is concluding her unit on geometry – next up Algebra {my fave!} the Cowgirl is reading {and writing on} Julius Caesar. The Cattleman has been working in next year’s Greek, listening to Rushdoony, and reading from his stack of new books {happy birthday!}
Around the house... Inspired by Julie G’s spring cleaning blitz {and motivated by Tim showing me how to remove the glass shades}… I quite thoroughly cleaned this light fixture. The rest of the dust in the house remains fairly undisturbed. So far. I’ll be back! {I heard my young girls plotting a cleaning fest of our own – Now ain’t-a-that good news?!}
The Mother Load... Ironing {CHECK} Tax returns ready to mail {CHECK} Menu {CHECK} Schoolwork checked {CHECK} …which mostly leaves the overdue dusting, mopping, and sewing. Hmmmm, overdue? That would be the inter-library loan books.
Noticing that... the Popper continues her ‘growth spurt’ of eating with a consistent, big appetite!
A favorite quote for today...
I love the Lord, because he hath heard my voice and my supplications. Because he hath inclined his ear unto me, therefore will I call upon him as long as I live.
Psalm 116:1-2
One of my favorite things... pictures like this one
A few plans for the rest of the week... see Mother Load List. And celebrate a 50th wedding anniversary with church friends.
A peek into my world...
~.~.~.~.~
Giving credit where credit is due:
While I am not linking up with anyone, you could read more weekly news posts at other blogs by following any of these links:
- Peggy at the Simple Woman’s Daybook
- Julie for adapting this daybook version as her own ‘Grasshopper Days’ ~ Perhaps I could call it the GHV Daybook. :)
- You can also find a similar weekly meme in Happy Homemaker Monday at Sandra’s
~.~.~.~.~
Take heed to the ministry which thou hast received in the Lord,
that thou fulfil it. Colossians 4:17
Oh, love that song!
ReplyDeleteWhen our strength has failed 'ere the day is half done... don't I know it!
Great picture of your husband and one of the girls - LOVE those "daddy" photos :D
Spring is coming... I feel it!
Julie
Yes, love that song, too!! :)
ReplyDeleteAndrew was reading/watching a movie on Julius Cesear right now too!!
Let's see what else: oh, meant to say I used to put my dining room light fixture globes in the dishwasher: can you say "lazy homemaker"!!??!!
Oh, and my "ironing pile" has grown - while yours has diminished!! NO FAIR!!!! ;)
Like the rainbow pic! :)