Captured by Sarah Photography ~ August 29, 2012

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

what’s up?

I have been reading blogs instead of writing my own.

image
Laura is so good about sharing some of the month’s specials at Azure.  I hope those oranges are available this time!  We have eaten almost 46# of apples in the past two weeks.   I meant to count how many apples come in a 20-pound box.

image
Conny has a great series going for February ♥  Check it out!

I was pleased to see pictures from Bible Night #2 near Prague!  They handed out another 60 Czech Bibles.  God is working!
image

I was saddened and sobered by Jaynee Lockwood’s post “The Sound of No Hope.”  I am praying for God’s hand to work in lives in Mexico as well.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

On a more trivial note, we missed Friday’s Chocolate Breakfast.  But we are still eating our Christmas chocolates here.  Seriously.  Saturday night Tim & I went to a Sunday school party that was pretty fun.  Mostly it was just nice to enjoy an evening with my favorite guy.  :-)

I finished To Kill a Mockingbird, so I indulged myself with another Francine Rivers book…image





… and a Jane Austen movie…
image     
…and I’m still in Season One of Lark Rise to Candleford via YouTube
image

…while trying to keep up with laundry, meals, schoolwork, etc…

fwiw, I did iron a lot of flannel while watching P&P  ;-)

You can see why I haven’t been posting here!

I’m really glad I don’t have snow shovel duty.
image

I haven’t taken any pictures during our recent blizzard.  (The photo above is from the Iowa City Press Citizen website.)  Thankfully Tim has made it safely to/from work this week.  The rest of us are happily staying indoors where it is warm.  A friend called today … She drove home on black ice yesterday.  Praise the Lord she is able to stay home today.

What’s left on my immediate TO DO List? 
  • Buns and cookies for Saturday’s South Story Sportmen’s Adventure 
  • Encouraging the Computer Geek to study and pass his driver’s permit test.  (It occurred to me this morning that he needs a photo ID before he can apply for his passport… which we should have applied for in January)
  • Calling my mom to see what she learned today at the doctor’s
  • Vacuuming my gritty kitchen floor…
Hurray for leftover lasagna for supper!

~ Not quite a daybook, but I’m done for today ~

Take heed to the ministry which thou hast received in the Lord,
that thou fulfil it.
Colossians 4:17

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

...Thursday's Edit...  OH HAPPY DAY!  I remembered incorrectly.  The CG does NOT need his photo ID (driver's permit) before we apply for his passport.  YAY!
One less thing on the Overdue List.  :-)


7 comments:

  1. Glad you're all warm and safe. My boys are so envious of all that snow!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww, you mentioned my blog!! :) THanks!! :) I'm feeling very convicted writing that series though - being SNOWED IN with my family for 3 days may be a true TEST OF LOVE!!!!! hee hee!!! :) Actually, it's been great for the most part - especially since I've been sick & Dan's been taking care of kids!
    You're watching my ABSOLUTE FAVORITE A&E production - Pride & Prejudice - I have it on VHS tapes :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. With weather like that - it's best to snuggle in and bake and watch good stuff :) It's like a law somewhere I'm sure :)
    ENJOY!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like you, I've been reading a lot of blogs lately, but not writing. Looking forward to Spring with you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. : ) I enjoyed catching up with you! Enjoy your book!
    Leanne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lol, sounds like a cozy time in your household. (I love that mentioned "ironing flannel" :-)

    Stay safe - I hope God will bring us all back together to worship this Sunday!

    -Janell

    ReplyDelete
  7. You reminded me that I wanted to check out Azure!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from y'all!