And how long has it been since you told him why?
Courtney at Women Living Well has another post in the 25 Day Praise Plan ~ this time it’s about forgiveness and ten ideas for communicating love to your husband.
Courtney’s story about reconciling after a fight with her husband reminds me of a story Jen Igarashi wrote… The Hag, the Ogre, and the Chocolate Cake.
Go on, read it now, I’ll wait.
It can’t just be me since Jen wrote that… but I can so relate to being a Hag more often than I’d like to remember. I am thankful that God is still working on me, to make me more like Jesus Christ… meek and humble and kind. Isn’t that amazing?!
Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind. Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves.
Philippians 2:2-3
whew. that hit home.
ReplyDeleteI hate when I have to give up "finally being right"! (hubby is right 9 times out of 10 and it often drives me crazy)
What a wonderful story. I'll have to try that sometime. . . thanks for sharing!
It IS hard to remember that we are a team. not two coaches of rival teams! :)
that reminds me of a story our pastor's wife tells: her husband had taken her & their daughter wedding shopping once upon a time - it was a great day. HOWEVER, at the end of the day, he got turned around in St. Louis traffic & she's steered him in the wrong direction - and they were stuck in traffic - and he was upset. Day ruined, so it seemed. The gap between them in the front seat seemed huge UNTIL she found a lemon drop (his favorite candy) in her purse & kind of slid it over to him ... and when he saw it, he apologized for being mad - and they made up - and it was a great day. The End.
ReplyDeleteSuper article... been there. One of the blessings of growing older is the lack of energy for that sort of fight. :-)
ReplyDelete