FOR TODAY
Monday, February 7, 2011
Outside my window...
Light snow shower
Birds are enjoying the refilled feeder
It doesn’t seem as cold as it is – I guess that’s good? (We’re toasty inside!)
I am thinking...
about the fact that we have a high school senior! :o Oh my.
I am thankful …
… for the Packers winning last night’s Super Bowl. Seriously. And that no one was intentionally hurt beyond legal play. It’s just a game. That men get paid entirely too much to play. But I am so happy that my “good” guys were able to pull off a win.
I am praying for...
… the sale of my mother-in-law’s home
… Diane and family
… Grant S., who is doing well on his meds ~ must have another appt coming up
… the broken marriages of J & S and R & K
… the W family
… Cinnamon and EMichelle, who are both expecting babies AND missing their deployed hubbies. Cinnamon’s baby is DUE!
… Jason D. at boot camp (& his sweet wife Laura)
… my mom ~ scheduled for surgery in March
From the learning rooms...
We enjoyed live entertainment Friday night in the form of dramatic monologues – hee hee – The pictures don’t do justice.
(and I am humiliating myself posting pics of the basement!)
Next up: Declamations.
From the kitchen...
meatloaf is ready to bake for tonight’s supper
Someone needs to scrub potatoes.
I am creating...
a scrapbook of 2010 Christmas cards… TODAY!
Here are the most recent flannel productions:
(double-sided baby blankets)
I am going...
to take Miss Music Box to the orthodontist today – and Miss Artist and the Computer Geek to the Post Office to apply for their passports
I am reading...
Exodus and Matthew
Family Friendly Farming
I am resisting the new Francine Rivers book I brought home from the library.
I am hoping... to get it *all* done someday somehow
I am hearing... the washer spinning
Around the house...
Mt. Washmore will be conquered slowly but surely.
Some kids are studying; others are reclaiming dominion over their stuff and space.
One of my favorite things... hearing a cardinal sing
Pondering these words...
Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.
Matthew 23:23
A few plans for the rest of the week:
the usual…
and a birthday!
Here is a picture for thought...
The boys enjoyed some football on a recent pleasant day
Miss Artist loves grapefruit… and taking pictures.
Take heed to the ministry which thou hast received in the Lord,
that thou fulfil it.
Colossians 4:17
I enjoyed your day book. I have a hankering for meatloaf myself...saw some in a magazine today and now you mention it...guess it will be on my weekend menu this week...my 'grands' had some blankets that were two sided flannel...Wonder Boy has worn his threadbare and is forever asking me to stitch it up then stands right there as if I'm hurting a prized possession. Have a great week.
ReplyDeleteMama Bear
Go Packers!
ReplyDeleteI was glad for the Packer's big win too! (more so because alot of people I love in my life love the Packers :-)
ReplyDeleteAre you doing Faith's plan for reading through the Bible in a year!? I've been reading in Exodus and Matthew as well, and totally loving it! God has shown me so much through Exodus that I've never seen before. It's so neat that God's Word comes alive even in the things I've read over and over.
AND the grapefruit picture is amazingly refreshing-looking! Love that :-)
First time in ages "my" team has won the Superbowl!
ReplyDeleteWhy do I always get hungry, reading your blog ;D
Julie
Greetings,
ReplyDeleteIf you're interested in homeschooling, courtship, quiverfull issues, child-raising, politics, and spiritual inspiration, try a free, no obligation issue of SALT Magazine. If you haven't tried SALT yet, all we need is a name and mailing address to send you a free issue. Or, you can check out our website (saltmagazine.com) and sign up for a free issue online.
- In the Vine, Jim & Cindy