Captured by Sarah Photography ~ August 29, 2012

Saturday, July 3, 2010

really fast update

And I mean a really fast update...

Wish I had time and photos to really show & tell, but I don't.   Soooo, yes, we are sleeping at the new house.  No, we do not have hot water or lights or air conditioning or ... or much beyond beds and cold running water (which includes toilets that flush!)  =)  The nights have been blissfully cool ~ and we have great ventilation with windows (something we haven't had).  It's supposed to heat up today with more humidity ~ ya know, summer-in-Iowa weather ~ with thunderstorms tomorrow for some 4th of July fun.  We'll have to do the sparklers tonight.  One of my kids suggested we make ice cream tomorrow ~ so we've cleaned up the i.c. maker and made the custard ~ nice surprise for Tim!

Waking up to see the sun rise every day and hearing the birds sing and the calves calling their mamas ~ ahhhh, yes.  That is why we are doing all this!

Tim & Kayleb are working on outside soffit again ~ hoping to finish this morning.  Sand and dirt have been/are being hauled in to fill our front yard and driveway ~ woot, woot ~ before the rain comes to settle it all in nicely.  (Kayleb is here for another long weekend to help ~ yay!)

Tim started installing vanities/sinks in the basement bath ~ looking good!  Kayleb is also working on closets, so we will shop for shelving today.  And he put up a couple of the shower curtain rods ~ so my Navy man took a c~o~l~d shower last night in his own new house  ;-)  He's planning on hooking up the water heater today ~ yay!  Oh, and he bought a stove hood... so that needs a major hole in the wall for the vent (remember our exterior walls are concrete)

I have cleaned out all the kitchen cabinets (except washing the inside of the island ~ my imported bucket of water got too cold and dirty) ~ so I could start filling them with stuff!  =)  My bigger girls will be so happy to help with that when they get home, right?  (I think so!)

Timer is beeping ~ I'm outta here!  
Have a great weekend, y'all!

6 comments:

  1. Super Super Exciting!!! I couldn't help but smile as I read your post! I'm so happy for you and your family ~ how awesome to be in your HOME! May God continue to bless you on this wonderful journey!!! Thank You for your warm comments on my blog ~ it's so nice to know that I have a bloggin' friend in Iowa praying for us! Blessings ~ HAPPY 4th!!!! EMichelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're IN!!!

    Well done, you!

    Happy fourth, too :D

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, ladies ~ ♥ ~
    It SO does not look or feel like we are IN, but for official purposes ~ We are in. ;-)
    (We don't need bank approval to declare it occupied ~ so it's more of a campsite now, but it's coming!)

    I did take some pics with Cowgirl's camera tonight ~ but left it over there, so you'll have to wait...

    I bought a pile of R-maid closet shelving stuff today ~ not sure what my "budget" was for that ~ and I'm not done. :o

    Gotta decide if anyone is showering here before we head back over there for some sleep. Tim & Kayleb were just finishing on the soffit/fascia ~ the wind was a bit contrary to handling the stuff today. Oh, but the driveway is looking like you could actually drive into the garage! =D Cool beans, Conny!

    Um, yeah, long rambly comment... G'night!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool beans!!! For sure!
    You're IN your house! Wow, I hope things go fast from here on out ... I'm sure you do too.
    Bummer about the camera :( I did the same thing - and the lens wouldn't go back in at all. I had to send mine in to Kodak to get it fixed ($100) :( I hope you can borrow your daughter's though - I'd love to see the new carpet, counters, etc!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to see photos!! I hope they'll be up soon. I'm really glad for you and your family. Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds like quite an adventure!
    Being new to your blog I don't know all your doings but moving into a new place is always a great experience.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from y'all!