Above views are looking south as I was driving toward the new house, and then from inside the house toward the north. (I think this was on Tuesday - we had similar freezing fog for several days.)
Building Crew #2 is now on the job! Dan & Jason came Monday, and - assisted by Tim and Marty - put up a few trusses. =) Tuesday I think they worked on adding overhangs to the endcaps/panels(?), such as, for the front of the garage roof -- I also think I need a speed course in construction lingo.
Monday was a great day also because I got NEW tires on our Suburban!!! YaY! (note: don't do this again on MLK Day since too many people have a holiday to get their own tires fixed...)
And a fresh haircut. I felt like a new woman, I tell ya.
Tuesday the wood stove was finally delivered!
Tim's Tuesday was extremely long. He and the boys spent a couple hours Tuesday night laying plastic on the floor, hoping for easier removal of, and protection from, the forecasted ice. At midnight the doorbell rang - the newpaper drop guy was stuck in our driveway after leaving papers for our Computer Geek to deliver...
Wednesday we had an ice storm.- it woke me up about 6am. Yesterday late afternoon, I finally went to the garage to talk to Tim, who I thought was there because the garage door opened. While I was looking for him, it continued to open, then shut... We have a button outside that was iced and must have been short-circuiting. Crazy. I was going to take pictures today, but didn't get it done. Think icicles. Everywhere.
All for now. Back to my research on glaucoma. Fun, fun, fun. Rebuild Your Vision. Mercola. ...
wow ... would you believe our weather in Mid-South Missouri was 60-ish yesterday?!! And we're just the next state under Iowa --- weird how the weather is so varied.
ReplyDeleteAnyway - the new house progress is SO exciting (and the mystery opening garage door is kindda funny!) ... Have a GREAT day!