Not the work everyone else gave me to do;
not everything I thought I should do;
not everything there was to be done.
I'm almost intimidated by my blog after that last post! How am I doing with keeping "First Things First"? I'm still uncertain of what exactly is on my God-given To Do List, although there's plenty I do know He has put on my plate.
So, the 'brag' list of sorts:
- daily Bible reading
- monitoring/tutoring kids and schoolwork
- meals - supper is in the oven -- which is why I'm allowing myself to chat with you
- laundry - skipped today since the dirties were not delivered to the laundry room, but our Mt. Washmore is still a prairie-sized bunny hill - and easier for me to manage than skis ;-)
- T-Tapp - twice this week {pat, pat!}
Areas to improve:
- sleep - hmm, not quite there yet on the 'early to bed, early to rise' [confession: last week I stayed up watching 5 hours of Masterpiece Theater's Cranford online in one sitting :o ack! but oh so fun.]
- prayer time is the other area so easy to neglect :-(
- helping Tim (somehow -- I can't put roof trusses on the house or undo water damage to the plywood floor... or heal the sick calves -- See why I should be praying more?!)
More perceived needs:
- catch up the computer bookkeeping before it's time to file taxes :p (definitely not what I count as the most wonderful time of the year...)
- sewing - remember the pile of flannel for sweet baby blankets? The pile of denim is at least as heavy and needs to become skirts and culottes for my girls. Miss Artist and I are/were going to make several heat pad thingies as well... (actually SHE has kept up with schoolwork this month, so is making one THIS week! yAy! for her)
- after chasing all over the house to remember (find where I've recorded) birth weights for all of our children, I'm reminded of the way-behind projects of baby books and photo albums
- not to mention all the cupboards, drawers, and closets that need a very thorough purging with hopes of better organization -- one of my life's goals (fantasies?) is "A place for everything and everything in its place" ha ha ha....
Well, Tim is home already. Time to be an attentive wife - or at least let him use the computer. =)
First, here's a peek at one of my Christmas gifts from him -- I'd better save some for tax season!
Ciao!
No comments:
Post a Comment
I would love to hear from y'all!