This is an 'artistic interpretation' of how our kitchen might look... I don't have a color scheme dreamed up yet (my daughters have ideas of course), but I do know that I don't want dark countertops =) and appliances will be white, not $tainle$$ $teel. And, of course, the perspective sort of skews how accurate this appears. For example, the counter to the right of the stove is more like 18" wide if I remember correctly. And there's about 12" between the stove and the corner. So, this layout works with my basic 30" stove. But my hubby is encouraging me to consider wall ovens, which means a cooktop as well. Hmmmm, any kitchen designers out there?? ;-) I like my cooking area on that wall, but need to work out if it will fit if we change appliances... Since our local kitchen cabinet shop isn't open today, I'm asking you =) According to my math, with 30" wall ovens I have 30" left for the cooktop, which leaves no open countertop on that wall (other than the corner). We don't want to put the cooktop in the island. I was planning all my mixing and prep work for the refrigerator wall with the island available for rolling out/shaping bread/etc. And the island would serve as a buffet when we have friends over. (I have two mixers, grain mill, big blender, microwave (in upper cabinet) etc. that would live on the 'prep' counter -- unless I should put the cooktop there? or the wall ovens? Put the wall ovens on the sink wall (in the corner somehow?) ugh. I don't like coming up with a Plan B after the fact...
Mostly thinking out loud here -- but hoping someone might have a good idea for me!
Thanks for listening! (Now for the lesson plans I've been avoiding...)
PS. Conny, I'm limited to free formats =)

Limited to free formats? Uh oh ... I don't know what means?! Did I forget something?
ReplyDeleteIn any case, I love the kitchen as is... I can't imagine getting to design my own "dream" kitchen!! How exciting. I can't say I like wall ovens - but I'm kind of a traditionalist with a regular stove/oven. I also actually prefer white appliances over $tainle$$ anyway! I'll be excited to see the REAL THING all done! :)
I agree with you on the countertops. I wish I could help, seeing as though I will be coming for your grand opening party! :) or our mini blogging convention. Hmmm . . . if we weren't so granola we would need our grinder and this and that . . . just keep the countertop space . . . that is my advice!
ReplyDelete