Captured by Sarah Photography ~ August 29, 2012

Tuesday, September 16, 2014

August week three {no rest…}

 

Tuesday, August 19::

Tim was able to nap some on Monday while the girls drove, so Tuesday morning he was up and out the door to work {the job where he punches a time clock.  for maybe the second time all month?}

I got up, but I don’t think I moved very fast/very well all day… Thankfully I had dinner in the freezer {lasagna} to serve to two more of Tim’s nephews – Jeremy & Andrew – who joined our household for a few days before traveling the rest of their way back to college.

 

Wednesday:: 

I don’t remember what the ‘boys’ stayed busy with while Tim went to work again.   Jeremy probably finished the indoor project of improving our floor by adding support between joists.  [looking for a picture… okay, taking a picture!]  Make sense?  You are looking at the unfinished ceiling in the basement… where Kayleb began and Jeremy finished adding 2x4s etc to stiffen our sorta-bouncy floor (something on Tim’s This Bugs Me list).

004005

Menus included pancakes & scrambled eggs; chicken salad; and taco soup.  Yay! for cooking in our own kitchen again!

After we came home from church Wednesday night, they decided to play a game with Andrew’s iphone – the phone displays a word that the rest of the team has to give clues to help the one who can’t see it guess the right word {can’t even think of the table game’s name}.  Anyhoo, pretty funny to watch.  The phone holder has to flip the phone the right way to either pass to the next word or record their point earned. And it must record a video of the players – they had no small amount of fun.

382

389

 

Thursday:: 

Kate & I did some mega-grocery and shower-serving shopping.  Tim had Combine Clinic all day, but in the evening(s) they worked on the shed again.

391393396400401

Abby was on duty for supper prep ~ her delish Cajun Chicken Pasta.

392

She thought we should celebrated Jeremy’s birthday, albeit belatedly.  With éclair dessert!

405406

 

Friday::

Maggie came out again for another bread-baking lesson.  She mixed hers up by hand while I demonstrated our mixer’s ability to turn out 4 loaves of bread for my brother.  Kate was also b/u/s/y in the kitchen preparing for Saturday’s bridal shower at church… mini cream puffs, the perfect caramel sauce for the coffee bar… 

Jeremy sanded/primed/painted the rust spots on our Suburban while Abby worked on the cattle trailer.  No pics of Abby ~ but wow, was she grubby!

I baked the mini chocolate muffins, and Jeremy helped Abby turn out a big batch of mini cinnamon rolls.  They also found time for some Dutch Blitz…

414

408411416424

Also for Saturday, the Cowgirl was involved in preparing a sUrpRiSe! baby shower for her Sunday school teacher {our pastor’s wife}.

410426

425

 

Saturday::

Jeremy & Andrew left for Wisconsin shortly after the girls & I left for church…

431435  432

We were in charge of the food, not the decorations ~ Looks great, doesn’t it?

Meanwhile in the church basement…

440439

 

To end the day/week properly, we had friends over for supper… :-)

1 comment:

  1. I am always amazed at the amounts of food and baked goods you all put out!! I guess you have to for that many people. My kids would be in heaven though if I cooked and baked up things like you all do!! :) I try but it's just not my "thing", you know. :) That's why we should be neighbors! Ha! You cook and bake ... and I'll --- ummm--- I don't know - clean the bathroom or something like that!!??!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from y'all!