To motivate myself... and eventually my children, I’m looking through our reading options for history this year. And maybe it will prompt our real-life friends and family to ask them about what they’ve learned?? : )
Beginning with the older students…
Miss Artist and the Computer Geek are both Seniors! But I’ll not go off on a rant. I can remain calm and oblivious and just explain that they have been reading through most of the TruthQuest History guides as a review of world history. And I gave them an additional reading list, of course. Most of which my book-devouring Computer Geek has already read along the way, at least once. But here’s the list anyway, the so-called “must-reads” are in bold.

- The Story of Liberty by Charles Coffin
- Sweet Land of Liberty by Charles Coffin
- Trial & Triumph: Stories from Church History by Richard Hannula
- How Should We Then Live? by Francis Schaeffer
- Invitation to the Classics by Louise Cowan & Oz Guinness
- Six-volume series Basic History of the United States by Clarence Carson {covering the years 1607-2001}
- Postmodern Times by Gene Edward Veith
- Seven Men Who Rule the World from the Grave by Dave Breese
- History Through the Eyes of Faith by Ronald Wells
- The Law by Frederic Bastiat
- the Uncle Eric books by Richard Maybury ~
- Whatever Happened to Penny Candy?
- Whatever Happened to Justice?
- Ancient Rome: How It Affects You Today
- The Money Mystery
- The Clipper Ship Strategy
- The Thousand Year War in the Mideast
- World War I: The Rest of the Story
- World War II: The Rest of the Story

So You Will Comprehend What Liberty Has Cost,
...and What It Is Worth

The Rise and Decline of Western Thought and Culture
We also have the DVD version from Francis Schaeffer, which I thought was a much easier way to absorb it all : )
While I’ve heard people complain of Carson’s writing style, I must confess that Tim & I find his perspective fascinating!





At the risk of being redundant, I’ve added a few other books to our shelves that might fit this list as well ~
- Understanding the Times by David Noebel
- Economics in One Lesson by Henry Hazlitt
- Basic Economics by Clarence Carson
- Basic American Government by Clarence Carson


Have you read any of these books??
No, but you inspire me!
ReplyDelete