Tim bought me the last red rose at the local flower shop…
…and pink roses for the girls. {Snickers ice cream bars for the boys.}
I wasn’t very motivated to make dessert on Tuesday until I checked facebook. And read status after status about red velvet cake, etc.
I was guilted into decided on “Better than Perkins” Pie since I had a sweet crust in the freezer and Picket Fence cream in the fridge. Then the Cowgirl insisted I add something red or pink {such as adding color to the whipped cream, but somehow that just didn’t appeal to me} So I cooked up some frozen raspberries and added a layer of RED to the pie…
It was different ~ I think I would make a different vanilla layer next time I use fruit instead of candy bars. I guess I’ll just have to keep at it until it’s “Better than Perkins” too! : )
Kate was working Tuesday evening ~ the rest of them look a bit tired, doncha think?
Pepper steak on rice was the main dish ~ with a nice salad.
Wednesday with the leftovers I cooked up the mushrooms for lunch ~
Tim, Kate & I enjoyed them ~ next time I’ll add more cheese/cream/butter/salt or something to come closer to the Applebee’s taste.
Kate was busy this week baking cookies for friends at work, church, and home…
I think Miss Artist helped with the decorating too… when she wasn’t doing school helping the Popper and the Cattleman…
Wednesday was also Crazy Hair Night at K4T
Note the green coated wire in the first pic : )
I should have insisted we she spike the Cattleman’s hair instead…
…of one pathetic hair bob. Oh well. He’s goofy enough without crazy hair.
~ * ~ * ~ * ~
Guess who borrowed my camera today?
{to the tune of 76 photos of her rose}
And no, it wasn’t Miss Artist.
Happy Valentine’s Day {Week}
~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~
As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you:
continue ye in my love.
If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love;
even as I have kept my Father's commandments,
and abide in his love.
John 15:9-10
Looks like every one had a special day. Tell her the cookies look great and that last photo of the rose is awesome.
ReplyDeleteMama Bear
Love the heart cookies.
ReplyDeleteGreat idea for snickers
Okay I said more in my last comment but it got lost somewhere between pushing the publish button and it actually appearing.
ReplyDeleteI am going to borrow your husbands great idea to get the boys snickers on Vday next year. My boys will love it.
Your dessert looks delicious. Great job Mama!
I love the Pippi Longstalking hairdo. That brought back funny memories :-)
~Cinnamon
Those heart-shaped cookies of Kate's look great, and so do your mushrooms!
ReplyDeleteSo nice that you all got roses.
The crazy hair must have been a lot of fun - I've always wanted to try the pigtails that stand out like Pippi Longstocking.
We are having a Valentin's week here . . .
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun day! And, I love the pigtails, so cute! And, the artwork on the cookies, very cute! Hope it's been a great weekend for you and your sweet family.
ReplyDelete