Captured by Sarah Photography ~ August 29, 2012

Friday, December 9, 2011

O Tannenbaum

 

Last Saturday {Dec 3} was a rainy, cold, rainy day – lots of rain! – Did I mention it rained here ALL day?!  And we were out for cantata practice, an oil change, and a little shopping.  Thankfully, Tim was the driver who got us where we needed to go : )  And it wasn’t buckets of snow.  Not ready for that yet.

Sunday afternoon was a better time to visit the very busy Christmas tree patch down the road.  By then the rain had changed over to a light dusting of snow. 

And the search was on…

444   446

{This is central Iowa ~ We grow row crops here!}

448   449

 

Decision Time!

    451   450

454   459

 

Oh happy day!

452   453

       457   460

 

After church Sunday night, we brought the tree inside and put the lights on it…

             December 2011 002     December 2011 004

    December 2011 013     December 2011 012

December 2011 015   December 2011 017

             December 2011 024      December 2011 032

December 2011 060

O Tannenbaum, O Tannenbaum,

Du kannst mir sehr gefallen!

 

{O Christmas tree, O Christmas tree, Of all the trees most lovely}

5 comments:

  1. What a pretty tree! Makes me want a real tree!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a BEAUTIFUL tree! I can't wait to get ours!!! Blessings, EMichelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. I almost feel like I should leave my comment in German!!!! :) Der Baum ist SEHR SCHOEN!!! (nice tree!) ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous :D

    And I like your winter-y blog "look"!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful tree and what memories in getting it and putting it up. It's been longer than I can remember since we had a real tree, shame on me! :o)

    Blessings for a great holiday season!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from y'all!