Captured by Sarah Photography ~ August 29, 2012

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Black Friday & Saturday

More from our Thanksgiving weekend…


November 25 ~ After cleaning up the house from our Thanksgiving Day get-together ~ Kate, the Cowgirl, and I headed off to Ames to shop {I needed to buy flannel and groceries; the Cowgirl wanted a new pair of shoes.}  We left about 10am.  And didn’t come home again until 8:30pm.  I took a few cheese sticks and a bag of raw almonds – we subsisted on those and water.  {I guess we might have had a few calories still floating in our systems after Thursday’s feasting?}  JoAnn Fabrics, JCPenney, Payless Shoes, Christopher & Banks, Walmart –  then groceries at Fareway!  :o  And Van Heusen too.  ugh.


Meanwhile the guys worked on yet another retaining wall.  And added wood to the pile by the stove.  {and Miss Artist apparently took pictures out the window}


   370      376

377

 
The Popper must have had fun playing with the tile {much better than being bored and worn out with shopping} and the Cattleman.
 
378   379
 
        384      386
 


I also put together my “sister” gifts for Saturday’s family Thanksgiving/Christmas Dinner.


               391      389


Kate stayed up {very late} and made two batches of bread for my “brother” gifts.  {Silly girl}


Saturday, November 26 ~ Kate made a mix for Sandcastle Brownies for the grab-bag game.

397

We enjoyed a delicious dinner and a very tame grab-bag game.  Then Nick insisted it was too boring, so we went another round with much more stealing and laughter.  Then he let us quit. 

We came home with plenty of candy, which was promptly shared… along with leftover rolls and honey butter, crackers and dip.  While we {the kids} played Dutch Blitz…


402   401

Followed by Settlers of Catan…


      403     411

406

This year’s acquisition of new flannel  :D
 
419
 

Julie H, I guess you could pick out a couple favorites now  ;-)

2 comments:

  1. Lots of fun! And, oh, that flannel looks cozy!

    Julie G

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a lot of flannel.. :-D (and a lot of shopping..)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from y'all!