Captured by Sarah Photography ~ August 29, 2012

Friday, August 5, 2011

this week's read

For Girls Only: A Loving Appeal for Modesty in an Immodest World by Sheila Stewart Doom from Revival Literature of Asheville, NC









If you are a King’s daughter . . . if you have been created to bring glory, not to yourself, but to Him . . . if you have been purchased by His precious blood at great cost and now are His and His alone . . . if your whole goal in life is to please Him with a desire to do what He says . . . THEN you are ready to look into the Word of God to see His will for you in the area of your clothing. 
~Sheila Stewart Doom

3 comments:

  1. Oh, my goodness Melanie, I simply cannot believe how women dress today and allow their daughters to dress. I am so thankful for my DIL who is raising our precious little Granddaughter to be a modest, God fearing young lady one day. This sounds like a "must read" for young Moms. Always a joy to stop by your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Modesty --- funny you brought that up - my friend & I were just talking about how to explain our convictions about standards & modesty even to other Christians who don't share the same ones ... Anyway - that said, I am picking up someone I've never met at the airport on Saturday (a perspective teacher) - and we wondered how we'd recognize each other. I said, "I'll probably be the only one in the airport wearing a jeans skirt!" and she said, "I'll be the only other one." LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been reading here but have been nursing most times and typing one handed doesn't work so well sometimes :-)

    Thank you Melanie for all your prayers for us while John was deployed and for rejoicing with us over his homecoming!!

    We are thrilled to have him home!

    ~Cinnamon

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from y'all!