Captured by Sarah Photography ~ August 29, 2012

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

daybook 8/9/2011

 



FOR TODAY  
Tuesday, August 9, 2011
 
Happy Birthday to my sister, Marcia!  : )
  
end of 2008 034
Her cute grandbaby turns 3 tomorrow!
 
 

Outside my window...

the sun has set.  It is COOL outside!  I cannot believe it.  The toolbar says 75F (24C) ~ lovely!  I would really like to open the windows.  The cows must be in heaven!  ;-)

Meanwhile the kids are riding their bikes instead of getting ready for bed…

 
I am thinking…

I should be calling about hotel reservations  :o   Done!  So I can be done thinking for today, right? 


 
I am thankful to God …
 
for safety with our student drivers



I am praying for...
 
… Amber & her family ~ her dad passed away recently after his battle with cancer. 
… Hiromi in Japan (near the Fukushima nuclear plant) lost her beloved boyfriend recently.  He died in his sleep.  Thankfully he is with his Savior.  Praying his family will see their own need of Jesus Christ.  Hiromi’s family runs a Christian campground ~ I think they were getting ready for campers this week.
… Angie's niece 1yo Kaylee had surgery two weeks ago, putting in a life line port and a dialysis port.  It’s been a rough battle.  Current report is that she might get to come home this week!

… Heather's mom is recovering well from surgery
… Ethan and his twin sister.  See Sara’s blog.  Such a sweet testimony of God’s goodness, and such a need for His provision of health.  Recently huge blessings of answers to prayer!  Still looking at a bone marrow transplant.
… Angela & Jared and family ~ one of their newborn twins was called to heaven on July 2.  Such heartache, but God is faithful.  The family has known much of God’s grace amidst their tears.   Read more here.
… 6mo Ruby (friends of friends in Wisc) ~ suffered a very serious head injury in June. 
... the Rettigs and the church in Prague ~ on furlough just another ten days ~ It was a joy to be with them for a Sunday!  :-)
… the sale of my mother-in-law’s home ~ woot woot, someone looked at it recently!  Please let them have it, Lord!
… Grant S.
… people who live and work in Japan
… Cinnamon ~ her Army hubby is HOME from Afghanistan, her Marine son is IN Afghanistan!
… Amy W., a young wife/mom with cancer
… Sarita & Jeff need visas for their return to Israel
… folks in Joplin, MO, and along the Missouri River ~ so hard hit with tornadoes and flooding this year
… the A Family, on furlough from their field of ministry ~ such a blessing to see them again!
… Gina’s family ~ in their loss of Jason as he rescued his own children from drowning
… Lea’s dad ~ in the midst of a serious health crisis
… Kari’s dad ~ had triple by-pass surgery in June 

… Rachel ~ Please pray for her, and follow her blog ~ Finding Joy.  The name says it well.  But she's in major pain right now with an aggravated shoulder injury or something ~ docs are still determining how to help her.
 
… Laura
 

… and especially marriages ~ meant to last a lifetime

 
~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Lest you think that I spend all day on my knees in intercession, I’m telling you here that I don’t!  At some point I guess I’ve learned to pray “on the hoof” ~ so as God brings to mind any of these people during the day or night, I usually ask Him to provide their need… But I am not a Prayer Warrior.  Those are a special group of people that I am incredibly thankful for – and I stand in awe of their faithfulness!

 
From the learning rooms...
  
woot woot ~ We (I) finished reading for Ancient Rome!  Started into the Middle Ages this morning. 

 

From the kitchen...

This line is supposed to make you hungry, right?

002 003

How about a really big muskmelon from the grocery store, a very green smoothie,…

 

           073     078

a birthday cake for the Computer Geek, and bread for his requested homemade subs (picture is just the dough… guess I don’t have a good pic of the baked product)

 

080

 


 

    079

 

So far, I’ve put five roma tomatoes in the freezer to make salsa later…

022   Exciting, yah?

 

Tonight’s Menu:  LO turkey tenderloins (Thanks, Dad!), LO corn-on-the-cob, LO taco soup, and boiled Yukon gold potatoes fresh from the garden  : ) 

And lots of cucs for refrigerator/freezer pickles.

[LO = LeftOvers  ;D]

 

I am creating...

two girly baby blankets this afternoon (done!)  : )  But more to do for the baby boys…

 
I am going...

to stir the potatoes again… before they boil over!

to find the top of this desk… again.


 
I am reading...
 
for a summer Sunday school class ~ Choosing Forgiveness by Nancy Leigh DeMoss
                                         

 
 

 

I am hoping...

we find an affordable place to stay… with a few beds (not just our tent and sleeping bags!)

Yep ~ Done!  : D

And looking forward to meeting Conny & her family In Real Life… if we can find them in So.Missourah!  : )


 
I am hearing...
  
espanol, the dehumidifier (must be time to shut that off)

kids laughing and yelling outside… maybe it’s a game of football in the dark or Grizzly Bear now?

 

Around the house...

Hmmm, my camera is AWOL… so is the girl in charge of washing supper dishes…  No wonder they’re sounding so goofy out there.

 

One of my favorite things...

almost winning a game of Settlers of Catan… without any great strategy.  ha ha  : )

 
Pondering these words...
I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.
 

A few plans for the rest of the week: 
 
Monday ~ chiropractor
Tuesday ~ repair/replace windshield/rear window in Suburban/truck
Wednesday ~ chiropractor, church
Thursday-Friday ~ Field Trip!
Saturday ~ Iowa GOP Straw Poll  - yee haw!  Still don’t know who I should vote for… but it won’t be anyone named Mitt.


 
Here is a picture for thought... 


075


  ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~
 
Take heed to the ministry which thou hast received in the Lord,
that thou fulfil it.
Colossians 4:17
  ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~
 



 

7 comments:

  1. I always enjoy reading your day book...I am the same about prayer...Pray without ceasing...I imagine that is what is meant, pray any time something is laid on ones heart. Often while reading I'll see a prayer request and I pray right then, otherwise it slips my mind.
    Are your cows in the pond? I remember ours doing that and I saw some on my trip home Monday already in the water early in the morning.
    Love the verse about the vine.
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny how kids can do the disappearing act when it's time to do chores... ;-))
    The cake looks good - what type of icing is that?
    I've never heard of that game before, so I'm going to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) Will be praying for you all to have safe travels down to Mizz-our-ah (or Misery?) or however you want to say it!! ;) Looking forward to our meet-up!
    Now off to eat lunch, all your food pics are making me hungry - we have some cucumbers (from someone else's garden) and a few PEACHES (apparently in season? because they were CHEAP!). Wish I had me a homemade sub - but Anna just offered me a grilled cheese sandwich (sandwich I don't have to make? Yes, please!).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bruchko is an excellent excellent book. Loved it. We read it many years ago.

    Where are you off to? Vacation? Weekend get-a-way?

    I think you're an angel for praying for my handsome Green Eyed Soldier and for our Marine Son. You bless me with every prayer you say!

    Isn't this cooler weather wonderful?! We are loving it!

    ~Cinnamon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - a birthday AND a daybook :D

    Cracking up about your remark on the house for asle... "And Lord, LET THEM HAVE IT!"

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  6. So, do you freeze the tomatoes until you have enough? And then do you let them thaw and follow the salsa recipe like usual? Or is there a trick? I am intrigued...

    And YAY for cooler weather! I am loving it also! Glad your kiddos are enjoying it, even if it does mean the dishes aren't getting washed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great Daybook entry! Love your prayer concerns and your thoughts on prayer. My precious Mom was such a prayer warrior and often told me about how much praying she would do while she ironed. I desire to be known to others as a prayer warrior and maybe one day I'll be worthy of that reference. Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from y'all!