Captured by Sarah Photography ~ August 29, 2012

Friday, July 22, 2011

more pics of our July

001
Fresh blueberry cream pie (actually baked, but you start with fresh blueberries ~ I didn’t name the recipe) Tim wants me to make it with cherries instead.  Someday when I have fresh tart cherries on hand. 
The Popper preferred the blueberries; Tim favored the creamy custard; so they shared their pieces.

007   008
011   012
Tim located a capable but infrequently used tractor at the farm.  That with the bale fork he bought made a good tool for moving the new crop of round bales.  That’s the Computer Geek at the wheel, getting some driving practice.  (Without me along.  woo hoo!)

013
Evidence we fed the birds earlier this year  : )

While I was out yesterday evening, Miss Music Box gave some bread-making lessons …
017   022
024   028
              043    047
       030    056
(and took numerous photos while they were at it)
The Cowgirl also made potato buns!

058
Miss Artist couldn’t resist a few pics of today’s treat of bing cherries.  Yum.

   060   061
I was momentarily deterred from making hummus by the price of the bottle of tahini.  However, the little container of sesame seeds was only 50 cents last week ~ very much worth a try!  The internet proved helpful when I found Cinnamon Spice & Everything Nice ~ Reeni’s recipe blog has close to a bzillion recipes, including homemade tahini and hummus!  I forgot to toast the sesame seeds first, but they did grind up fine in my coffee grinder (used for flax seed usually).  The kids (who like hummus from the store) decided the homemade was even better  :-)  Score!  Tim might be happier if and when I attempt her recipe for falafel or skillet flatbread.  Yum.  Bring on the gyros!

067
How can the Popper smile
while Tim is holding her up by her ears?!?

1 comment:

  1. that last pic is GREAT!! :) Made ME smile! :)
    Wish I was there for a bread lesson - I just know to put dough in the bread machine & hit "ON"! :-O Not much of a farm girl, am I!!
    The pics of the cherries look almost good to eat - ha ha - I like fresh cherries pretty well but definitely would LOVE the blueberry pie better!!!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from y'all!